- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 80
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Passing the TExES Core Subjects 4-8 Exam
This course can be found in: TExES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ TExES study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIf you need help studying for the TExES Core Subjects 4-8 - English Language Arts and Reading (ELAR) 806 exam, this course can help. These lessons and quizzes included are mobile friendly, written by professional instructors and accessible 24 hours a day.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
13 chapters in TExES Core Subjects 4-8 - English Language Arts and Reading (ELAR) 806: Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related TExES Courses
About This Course
Do your very best on test day by preparing for the TExES Core Subjects 4-8 - English Language Arts and Reading (ELAR) exam with this helpful test prep course. Here you'll find lessons and self-assessment quizzes and tests to assist you as you study. These resources cover the subjects you'll be faced with when you take the exam, including word analysis, writing conventions and visual media. We've made it easy and convenient for you to study when you need to by making this course accessible on any smartphone, tablet or computer 24 hours a day.
Check out our TExES Preparation resources! We've got TExES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive TExES study guides to help you study, TExES practice tests to test your knowledge, and TExES informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course provides user-friendly resources to assist you as you study for the TExES Core Subjects 4-8 - English Language Arts and Reading (ELAR) exam. Because the course is self-paced, you can move as quickly or as slowly as you'd like, going back to review the lessons as many times as you need. We've designed this course to help you achieve the following objectives:
- Detail language development and instruction
- Identify effective speaking and listening
- Discuss early literacy development
- Explain word analysis and reading fluency
- Detail effective reading comprehension assessment
- Outline reading applications
- Define writing conventions and composition
- Explain visual media
- Detail helpful inquiry and study skills
In this study guide course, you'll have access to 71 lessons in 12 chapters to help you prepare yourself to take the TExES Core Subjects 4-8 - English Language Arts and Reading (ELAR) exam. Each lesson is accompanied by a self-assessment quiz to gauge your knowledge, and a more comprehensive multiple-choice test is offered at the end of each chapter. If you need assistance as you move along, reach out to one of our experts through the Dashboard with your questions.
TExES Core Subjects 4-8 - English Language Arts and Reading (ELAR) Exam Information
The English Language Arts and Reading (ELAR) test is one component of the TExES Core Subjects 4-8 exam. The computer-administered TExES Core Subjects 4-8 exam assesses teacher candidates on whether or not they possess the skills required for entry-level teaching positions in the state of Texas.
- Number of Questions: 74 questions
- Question Type: Multiple-choice questions
- Time Limit: One hour and 55 minutes
- Exam Cost: $65
TExES Core Subjects 4-8 - English Language Arts and Reading (ELAR) Exam Breakdown
|TExES Core Subjects 4-8 - English Language Arts and Reading (ELAR) Exam Concept||Number of Lessons|
|Early Literacy Development||5|
|Word Identification Skills and Reading Fluency||12|
|Reading Comprehension and Assessment||9|
|Written Language -- Writing Conventions||6|
|Written Language -- Composition||6|
|Viewing and Representing||4|
|Study and Inquiry Skills||5|
TExES Core Subjects 4-8 - English Language Arts and Reading (ELAR) Exam Preparation & Registration
Our study guide course is designed to build your confidence as you study for the TExES Core Subjects 4-8 - English Language Arts and Reading (ELAR) exam. The course covers all the topics you could find on the exam, including language development, reading fluency, word analysis and writing conventions. After reviewing this material, take the lesson quizzes and chapter tests to assess your understanding and see where you might need to focus further study.
In order to register for the TExES Core Subjects 4-8 - English Language Arts and Reading (ELAR), you must create an online account. After creating your account, you'll select the testing location and time of your choice. On test day, candidates must arrive before their scheduled testing time with their admission ticket and a valid form of photo identification in order to be admitted to the testing center.
TExES Core Subjects 4-8 - English Language Arts and Reading (ELAR) is a registered trademark of the Texas Education Agency, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- English Language Arts Quizzes
- Language Quizzes
- Online Undergraduate Courses in English Language Arts
- Online Diplomas in English Language Arts with Program Overviews
- Online Master of English Language Arts Degrees with School Options
- Study Shows Acting Can Help with Reading Comprehension
- Learn English Language Arts
- English Language Arts Videos
- Distance Learning Master of English Language Arts Degrees
- Jobs that Help People in Need
- Biomedical Technician Top School with Degree Programs in Biomedical Technology - Miramar FL
- Yeshiva University in New York NY
- University of Wisconsin in Whitewater
- Hospitality Management Degrees Top Rated School for a Career in Hospitality Management - Baltimore MD
- Health Care Information Management Associate
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses