- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 224
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Passing the TExES Core Subjects 4-8 Exam
This course can be found in: TExES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ TExES study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIt's easy to study for the TExES Core Subjects 4-8: Mathematics (807) exam when you have help from this informative test prep course. In a series of videos, lessons, quizzes and printable transcripts, our instructors outline the information you'll need to know to do well on test day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
33 chapters in TExES Core Subjects 4-8 - Mathematics (807): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related TExES Courses
About This Course
When you access this interesting study guide course, you'll find lessons and quizzes you can use to prepare for the Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES) Core Subjects 4-8: Mathematics (807) exam. You will review details about math formulas and expressions; number theories; algebraic and trigonometric functions; geometric concepts; measurement; linear equations; graphing; and probability. All of our materials are self-paced, so you can study as quickly or as slowly as you need and go back to any topics that require more work. The self-assessment quizzes and tests are a great way to see how ready you are to sit for the exam and identify any areas that you should study further. Easily reach out to instructors with any questions using a brief online contact form.
Check out our TExES Preparation resources! We've got TExES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive TExES study guides to help you study, TExES practice tests to test your knowledge, and TExES informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
When you use this course, you should develop the ability to explain number systems and theories; work with decimals and fractions; determine ratios and proportions; identify algebraic expressions and equations; define linear and quadratic equations; describe the geometric properties of shapes; and organize and summarize data. You should also be able to:
- Apply math formulas
- Identify real numbers
- Define mathematical sequence and calculate math series
- Solve algebraic equations
- Identify various math functions
- Explain imaginary and complex numbers
- Detail standard and metric measurement systems
- Understand logic, critical thinking and problem solving in math
- Apply effective math instructional and assessment strategies
This course contains 32 individual chapters broken down into 196 lessons. Lessons can be in video or test formats and are accessible 24/7 from any device, making it possible to create study time that fits into any schedule.
TExES Core Subjects 4-8: Mathematics (807) Exam Information
Intended to gauge the abilities of candidates seeking teaching certification in the state of Texas, the TExES Core Subjects 4-8: Mathematics (807) exam is just one portion of the overall TExES Core Subjects 4-8 exam. In order to receive certification, aspiring teachers must pass all four subject areas of the exam. If one does not pass the Mathematics Subject Test portion the first time, they may retake this portion 45 days after the initial exam.
- Number of Questions: 42 questions
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 1 hour and 5 minutes
- Exam Cost: $65
TExES Core Subjects 4-8: Mathematics (807) Exam Breakdown
|TExES Core Subjects 4-8: Mathematics (807) Exam Concept||Number of Lessons|
|Patterns and Algebra||76|
|Geometry and Measurement||34|
|Probability and Statistics||26|
|Mathematical Processes & Perspectives||3|
|Learning and Instruction||5|
TExES Core Subjects 4-8 - Mathematics (807) Exam Preparation & Registration
This test prep course has been designed by professional instructors to help make your study experience stress-free and enjoyable as you get ready to sit for the TExES Core Subjects 4-8: Mathematics (807) exam. Each chapter and lesson covers a different topic you'll be expected to know, including basic arithmetic, decimals and fractions, exponentials and logarithms and solving algebraic equations. Help from one of our instructors is available through the Dashboard if you have any questions along the way.
Registration for the TExES Core Subjects 4-8: Mathematics (807) exam is completed online. Registering for the test also involves selecting the testing location and time of your choosing and receiving an admission ticket. On test day, you must present this ticket, along with a valid form of photo ID, to be admitted into the testing center. You'll be provided with an online calculator that you can use to complete the test.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- Test Prep
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- EMT Test and Exam Information with Tips
- Software Testing Degree and Course Information
- How to Prep for College When You Don't Know Which School You'll Attend
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- TExES Test Preparation & Resources
- 4 Mistakes to Avoid When Preparing for FTCE, GACE or TExES Tests
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses