- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 241
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Passing the TExES Core Subjects 4-8 Exam
This course can be found in: TExES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ TExES study guides, and 7,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryFeel confident in your ability to pass the TExES Core Subjects 4-8 Science test by taking advantage of the study resources in this course. Explore entertaining lessons and take practice quizzes and exams to improve your science knowledge before test day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
26 chapters in TExES Core Subjects 4-8 - Science (809): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related TExES Courses
About This Course
If you've been looking for a study resource to help you prepare for the TExES Core Subjects 4-8 Science test, look no further than this engaging course. Written by professional instructors, this course provides you with lessons to build your confidence ahead of test day by presenting these topics in an easy-to-understand format. You'll study subjects from scientific inquiry to the cycles of Earth systems that you can access on any tablet, computer or smartphone 24 hours a day for completely flexible and convenient study.
Check out our TExES Preparation resources! We've got TExES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive TExES study guides to help you study, TExES practice tests to test your knowledge, and TExES informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics. This course was last updated in 2020.
Syllabus & Course Information
About This Course
This informative course offers a comprehensive overview of the science topics you could see on the TExES Core Subjects 4-8 Science test. Get reacquainted with the basics of safety in science, energy transformations, earth systems, weather, climate and so much more. Included in this course are self-assessment quizzes and practice exams. These resources can aid your preparations for the test by ensuring you can:
- Explain scientific inquiry and science instruction and assessment
- Detail how science impacts daily life
- Identify the physical and chemical properties of matter
- Discuss the relationship between force and motion
- Describe the interactions between matter and energy
- Outline the function and structure of living things
- Define reproduction, heredity, adaptations and evolution
- Explain regulatory mechanisms and behavior and the relationships between organisms and the environment
- Detail Earth system cycles, solar systems and the universe
As you study our TExES Core Subjects 4-8 - Science exam study guide course, you'll find 19 chapters broken down into 108 lessons that thoroughly cover the subjects you'll be tested on. This course allows you to work at your own pace, going back as many times as needed to review lessons again. You can quickly see how ready you are to sit for the exam by answering the multiple-choice questions on the lesson quizzes and chapter tests.
TExES Core Subjects 4-8 - Science Exam Information
The TExES Core Subjects 4-8 Science test is one of four subject tests found in the overall Core Subjects 4-8 test and counts for 21% of the final score. These tests are administered to entry-level educators in the state of Texas to ensure that they possess the skills and knowledge required to teach public school.
- Number of Questions: 42 questions
- Question Type: Multiple-choice questions
- Time Limit: 50 minutes
- Exam Cost: $65
TExES Core Subjects 4-8 - Science (809) Exam Breakdown
|TExES Core Subjects 4-8 - Science (809) Exam Concept||Number of Lessons|
|Safety and class management||4|
|Correct use of tools, materials, equipment and technologies||1|
|Scientific inquiry and the history and nature of science||5|
|How science impacts the daily lives of students and interacts with and influences personal and societal decisions||2|
|Unifying concepts and processes that are common to all sciences||1|
|Forces and motion||8|
|Physical properties of and changes in matter||5|
|Chemical properties of and changes in matter||5|
|Energy and interactions between matter and energy||8|
|Energy transformations and the conservation of matter and energy||4|
|Structure and function of living things||5|
|Reproduction and the mechanisms of heredity||6|
|Adaptations of organisms and the theory of evolution||4|
|Regulatory mechanisms and behavior||3|
|Relationships between organisms and the environment||4|
|Structure and function of Earth systems||8|
|Cycles in Earth systems||7|
|Role of energy in weather and climate||6|
|Characteristics of the solar system and the universe||5|
|History of the Earth system||2|
|Teaching science and how students learn science||5|
|Scientific inquiry and its role in science instruction||1|
Preparing & Registering for the TExES Core Subjects 4-8 Science Test
All the resources in this course are available around-the-clock, enabling you to study any time you desire. Simply jump on your computer, smartphone or tablet to begin studying the safe storage of chemicals, Newton's first law of motion, endothermic and exothermic reactions, human longevity, the distribution of water on earth and much more. Submit any questions you have about topics covered in the lessons to our experts using the Dashboard. When you're ready, gauge your ability to pass the test by taking our multiple-choice lesson quizzes, chapter exams and final course exam.
Registration for the TExES Core Subjects 4-8 Science test is available online 24/7. Create or log into your existing account, select the option to register for a test and schedule your test appointment. Be sure to enter your full name exactly as it appears on the ID you will present on test day with your admission ticket to ensure you're admitted. If you need to reschedule your test, you can complete this process through your online account.
Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES) is a registered trademark of the Texas Education Agency, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Medical Assistant Requirements to Be a Physicians Assistant
- How Do You Pass Certification Exams with Strategic Test Taking?
- Becoming a Science Teacher in Texas
- How to Become an Elementary Teacher in Texas
- GED Practice Test Online with Example GED Practice Test Questions
- Do You Take Social Science Courses When Taking a Psychology Major?
- How to Become a History Teacher in Texas
- Becoming a Preschool Teacher in Texas
- How to Become a Chemistry Teacher in Texas
- Master Teacher Certification in Texas
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 83,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses