- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 74
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1TExES Core Subjects EC-6: Test Dates & Registration
This course can be found in: TExES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ TExES study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUtilize this informative test prep course to help as you prepare to take the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - English Language Arts and Reading & the Science of Teaching Reading exam. Written by expert instructors, this mobile-friendly course includes lessons, quizzes and more.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
12 chapters in TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - English Language Arts and Reading & the Science of Teaching Reading (801): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related TExES Courses
About This Course
We've put together this informative and easy-to-follow study guide course to assist you in your preparations for the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - English Language Arts and Reading & the Science of Teaching Reading exam. You can work at your own pace as you study subjects including language development, reading strategies and study skills. You can find all the topics you'll need to know to do well on exam day in this mobile-friendly test prep course.
Check out our TExES Preparation resources! We've got TExES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive TExES study guides to help you study, TExES practice tests to test your knowledge, and TExES informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
Our helpful study guide course takes the stress out of getting ready to take the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - English Language Arts and Reading & the Science of Teaching Reading exam by providing you with resources written by professional instructors. You're welcome to study at your convenience on any mobile device or computer, 24 hours a day. This course is designed to help you achieve these goals:
- Describe oral communication skills, plus language development and instruction
- Detail early literacy development
- Outline reading fluency and word analysis
- Discuss reading assessment, comprehension, strategies and application
- Explain writing conventions and composition
- Identify visual media and its purpose
- Define helpful research and study skills
Our test prep course is made up of 66 lessons in 11 chapters outlining the subjects you'll be faced with when you take the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - English Language Arts and Reading & the Science of Reading exam. Each chapter and lesson is accompanied by a helpful self-assessment test or quiz so you can monitor your progress as you move through the course.
TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - English Language Arts and Reading & the Science of Teaching Reading Exam Information
Test-takers looking to earn teaching certification in the state of Texas must receive a passing score on the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - English Language Arts and Reading & the Science of Teaching Reading portion of the exam, as well as the other four subject areas that make up the overall test. The questions on this exam are designed to test the skills of would-be teachers and their abilities to perform in an entry-level teaching position in the state of Texas.
- Number of Questions: 75 questions
- Question Type: Multiple-choice questions
- Time Limit: One hour and 45 minutes
- Exam Cost: $65
TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - English Language Arts and Reading & the Science of Teaching Reading Exam Breakdown
|TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - English Language Arts and Reading & the Science of Teaching Reading Exam Concept||Number of Lessons|
|Phonological and Phonemic Awareness||2|
|Word Analysis and Identification Skills||3|
|Reading Comprehension and Applications||6|
|Reading, Inquiry and Research||12|
|Viewing and Representing||3|
|Assessment of Developing Literacy||3|
TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - English Language Arts and Reading & the Science of Teaching Reading Exam Preparation & Registration
In this engaging course, you'll find resources to help you fully prepare to take the English Language Arts and Reading & the Science of Teaching Reading portion of the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 exam. These lessons and chapters cover writing conventions, reading comprehension and assessment, oral communication skills and early literacy development, among other related subjects. To help you see how ready you are to sit for the test, we've included quizzes with the lessons and tests with each chapter to serve as a handy self-assessment tool.
Registration for the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - English Language Arts and Reading & the Science of Teaching Reading exam is completed online, at which time you will select the testing location and time of your choice. After you register, you'll also receive an admissions ticket that you must bring with you on test day. Candidates are required to arrive before the time listed on their admissions ticket with a valid form of photo identification in order to enter the testing center.
TExES Core Subjects EC-6 is a registered trademark of the Texas Education Agency, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Courses for Teaching English As a Second Language
- Online Undergraduate Courses in English Language Arts
- How to Prepare for Your First Online Course
- Common Core English & Reading Worksheets & Printables
- Reading Specialist Degree Programs and Courses
- How to Get All Your College Course Reading Done Efficiently
- English Language Class and Course Descriptions
- Online Diplomas in English Language Arts with Program Overviews
- Online Master of English Language Arts Degrees with School Options
- Cosmetology Instructor Courses and Classes
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses