- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 161
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1TExES Core Subjects EC-6: Test Dates & Registration
This course can be found in: TExES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ TExES study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIf you need assistance getting ready for the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Mathematics (802) examination, check out this engaging test prep course. With our lessons and quizzes, you can review all the material that could appear on the test and then assess your understanding before test day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
25 chapters in TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Mathematics (802): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related TExES Courses
About This Course
In this study guide course, you'll review the subjects you'd expect to find on the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Mathematics exam. We've included short text and video lessons and self-assessment quizzes in this course on number theories, algebraic expressions, solving inequalities and more. Work at your own pace as you complete this course, and feel free to go back and review any of the lessons again as needed. You can access these tools 24 hours a day on any smartphone, tablet or computer.
Check out our TExES Preparation resources! We've got TExES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive TExES study guides to help you study, TExES practice tests to test your knowledge, and TExES informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This helpful course is designed to make studying for the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Mathematics exam enjoyable and easy. The material that you'll need to know for test day is outlined clearly in short and easy-to-follow lessons. Once you finish this course, you should be able to:
- Outline mathematical instruction
- Detail basic arithmetic, number theories and computation
- Identify math expressions and formulas
- Discuss decimals, fractions and percent notation
- Explain calculations, ratios and proportions
- Define real numbers, sequences and algebraic expressions and equations
- Describe algebraic equations, functions, linear equations and inequalities
- Outline measurements and the metric system
- Identify triangles, theorems, proofs and geometric figures and shapes
- Summarize, display and organize data
- Explain mathematical probability
- Describe math perspectives and processes
The 133 lessons and 24 chapters that make up this test prep course cover all the subjects you'll be asked about when you take the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 Mathematics exam. To make sure you're ready, each lesson is accompanied by a multiple-choice quiz, and we've also included a test at the end of each chapter.
TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Mathematics Exam Information
The TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Mathematics exam is designed to test the skills required for entry-level early childhood through sixth grade teaching positions in the state of Texas. This exam is one of five subject area tests that make up the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 exam.
- Number of Questions: 47 questions
- Question Type: Multiple-choice questions
- Time Limit: One hour
- Exam Cost: $65
TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Mathematics Exam Breakdown
|TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Mathematics Exam Concept||Number of Lessons|
|Number Concepts and Operations||33|
|Patterns and Algebra||26|
|Geometry and Measurement||32|
|Probability and Statistics||19|
TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Mathematics Exam Preparation & Registration
We've made studying for the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Mathematics exam a snap with this user-friendly and easy-to-understand study guide course. All of the topics you might need to know on test day are covered thoroughly, including basic arithmetic, computations, mathematical instruction and percent notation. With each chapter, you'll also find a self-assessment test to help solidify your understanding of these concepts. You're welcome to submit any questions that come up through the Dashboard, and one of our helpful instructors will answer them for you.
To register for the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Mathematics test, you'll need to create an online account to register and select the testing location of your choice. On test day, you must bring your admission ticket and a valid form of photo ID to your test center before the time printed on your admission ticket in order to gain entry into the testing facility. An online calculator will be provided for you to use to complete any computations required on this portion of the exam.
TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Mathematics is a registered trademark of the Texas Education Agency, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Test Prep
- TExES Test Preparation & Resources
- 4 Mistakes to Avoid When Preparing for FTCE, GACE or TExES Tests
- Online Test Prep Options for the GED Test
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- More Than Half of SAT Test-Takers Not Ready for College
- What Are the Praxis Core Academic Skills Tests?
- Nursing Student Uses Free Course to Test Out of Prerequisites
- GED Books and Study Materials for Test Preparation
- Why You Should Take a Practice Test Before You Start Your Test Prep
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses