- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 107
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1TExES Core Subjects EC-6: Test Dates & Registration
This course can be found in: TExES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ TExES study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIn order to help you prepare for the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Science exam, we've put together this engaging study guide course for your review. Video lessons, self-assessment quizzes, printable transcripts and more are included here to help you get the best score you can on test day.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
16 chapters in TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Science (804): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related TExES Courses
About This Course
Studying for the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Science exam is simple when you have access to this engaging test prep chapter. Each chapter and lesson has been carefully crafted by our expert instructors to make topics like organisms, weather, Earth systems and heredity easy to understand. Whether you need to review this entire course or just some of the lessons and chapters in it, our self-paced resources make this possible. Feel free to study on any mobile device or computer 24 hours a day.
Check out our TExES Preparation resources! We've got TExES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive TExES study guides to help you study, TExES practice tests to test your knowledge, and TExES informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
We've designed this study guide course to help you prepare confidently to sit for the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Science exam. You'll find a short quiz with each lesson and a test at the end of each chapter for use as helpful self-assessment tools. It's also easy to make handy study guides that you can access offline at any time using the printable lesson transcripts. This course is designed to assist you in completing the following goals:
- Detail scientific inquiry and safety in science classrooms
- Identify the impact of science on daily life
- Discuss forces, motion, properties and changes in matter
- Outline matter, energy and energy transformations
- Describe the structure and function of organisms
- Detail eredity and reproduction
- Explain organisms and the environment
- Defie Earth systems, Earth cycles, weather and climate
- Outline the universe and the solar system
- Discuss science instruction and assessment
This test prep course consists of 94 lessons in 15 chapters that clearly outline the subjects covered on the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Science exam. You can monitor your progress as you move through the course in the Dashboard and submit any questions that come up for one of our experts to answer.
TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Science Exam Information
A passing score on the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Science exam is required for teacher certification in the state of Texas. Please note, in order to become certified, you must also take and pass the overall test. The questions on this portion of the exam measure a teaching candidate's ability to safely monitor, lead and manage a science classroom.
- Number of Questions: 52 questions
- Question Type: Multiple-choice questions
- Time Limit: 40 minutes
- Exam Cost: $65
TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Science Exam Breakdown
|TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Science Exam Concept||Number of Lessons|
|Lab Processes, Equipment and Safety||3|
|History and Nature of Science||4|
|Impact of Science||4|
|Concepts and Processes||3|
|Students as Learners and Science Instruction||4|
|Forces and Motion||11|
|Physical and Chemical Properties||5|
|Energy and Interactions||6|
|Energy Transformations and Conservation||3|
|Structure and Function of Living Things||5|
|Reproduction and the Mechanisms of Heredity||5|
|Adaptations and Evolution||2|
|Organisms and the Environment||9|
|Structure and Function of Earth Systems||6|
|Cycles in Earth Systems||3|
|Energy in Weather and Climate||6|
|Solar System and the Universe||3|
TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Science Exam Preparation & Registration
This test prep resource is a helpful and mobile-friendly way to get ready to take the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Science Exam. Here, we've covered the topics that you'll need to know to do well on the test, including scientific inquiry, forces and motion, matter and energy, and more. If you struggle with any of the topics or need any help, an instructor is available to answer any questions and help you get back on track.
Candidates interested in taking the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Science exam must register online and select a testing center and location. At the time of registration, all test-takers will be given an admission ticket for use on test day. This ticket, and a valid form of photo identification, must be presented in order to sit for the examination. You must arrive at the test center before the time printed on your admission ticket. If a calculator is required for any of the questions on your test, an online calculator will be provided for you.
TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Science is a registered trademark of the Texas Education Agency, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- How to Help Students Conduct Self-Assessments
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Science Quizzes
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses