- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 117
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1TExES Core Subjects EC-6: Test Dates & Registration
This course can be found in: TExES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ TExES study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis test preparation course is designed to get you fully prepared for the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Social Studies exam. Access the course at any time that fits your schedule, and complete the lessons and quizzes to review the concepts you'll need to know to succeed on test day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
15 chapters in TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Social Studies (803): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related TExES Courses
About This Course
To help you prepare for the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Social Studies exam, we've compiled the resources found in this engaging study guide course, including short text and video lessons and self-assessment quizzes and tests. These tools are accessible to you on any smartphone, tablet or computer for you to study at your convenience 24 hours a day. Help from one of our experts is also available through the Dashboard in case you struggle with any of the subjects you'll find here.
Check out our TExES Preparation resources! We've got TExES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive TExES study guides to help you study, TExES practice tests to test your knowledge, and TExES informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
Take this self-paced course to prepare yourself for the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Social Studies subject test. Inside, you'll find short and engaging lessons and practice quizzes that go over essential social studies and instructional concepts and help to prepare you for what you'll find on the exam. After working through this test prep course, you should be able to:
- Explain foundational history and social studies concepts
- Discuss Early America, the American Revolution and American reform
- Outline 20th-century history
- Detail world geography and geographic relationships
- Describe the principles of economics and economic history
- Explain the role of citizenship and government
- Identify landmark political cases and important political documents
- Define society and culture
- Explain social studies instruction
In 14 chapters and 96 lessons, our professional instructors lay out the subjects you'll need to know in order to pass the TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Social Studies test. These self-paced resources allow you to work as quickly or as slowly as you need in order to get ready for the test. Before, during or after reviewing the lessons, take the lesson quizzes and chapter tests to gauge your level of comprehension.
TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Social Studies Exam Information
The Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES) Program measures the skills and knowledge that prospective teachers must have in order to teach in the state of Texas. The Social Studies (803) subject test is a component of the 5-part TExES Core Subject EC-6 (291) exam. You'll take the Social Studies (803) subtest when you take the overall Core Subject exam; however, if you don't pass this subtest initially, you can take it again on a separate date.
- Number of Questions: 41 questions
- Question Type: Multiple-choice questions
- Time Limit: 35 minutes
- Exam Cost: $65
TExES Core Subjects EC-6 Social Studies Exam Breakdown
|TExES Core Subjects EC-6 Social Studies Exam Concept||Number of Lessons|
|Social Science Instruction||12|
|Geography and Culture||15|
|Government and Citizenship||18|
TExES Core Subjects EC-6 - Social Studies Exam Preparation and Registration
The concise and flexible format of the course makes your studying process easy and convenient. The course is accessible on any computer or mobile device, and each lesson explains social studies concepts through simple definitions and illustrative examples. When you're finished with a lesson, take the accompanying self-assessment quiz to retain your knowledge. If you have any questions about the material, simply reach out to one of our expert instructors. Each chapter includes a multiple-choice exam, and the course comes with a final assessment that helps you evaluate your readiness for the TExES Social Studies (803) subtest.
You can only register for this individual subtest if you've already taken the Core Subject EC-6 (291) exam. Registration for that exam can be made online through the Texas Education Agency's online registration system. New users will be prompted to create a testing account and follow each step of the registration process.
The Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES) Program is a registered trademark of the Texas Education Agency, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- TExES Test Preparation & Resources
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- GED Books and Study Materials for Test Preparation
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Software Testing Degree and Course Information
- Lesson Plan Design Courses and Classes Overview
- GED Social Studies Test Information
- Which Interior Design Courses Are Needed for Knowledge on Modular Kitchen Design?
- Are Part-time Interior Design Courses Available?
- Do Online College Courses Have a Schedule?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses