- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 230
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Human Circulatory System: Parts and Functions
This course can be found in: TExES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ TExES study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryReview this engaging test prep course to increase your knowledge of the information you'll be tested on when you take the TExES Health EC-12 exam. Our video lessons and quizzes can assess your understanding of exam topics and help you identify any areas where additional study might be needed.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related TExES Courses
About This Course
If you're an aspiring health teacher in Texas, you'll need to pass the Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES) Health EC-12 exam as part of the teacher certification process. This standardized test covers such topics as the human body, environmental health, contraception, sexuality and healthy relationships. The 24/7 accessibility of our short video and text lessons and the easy-to-follow instruction make this course a convenient and self-paced way to review the topics addressed on this exam. Instructors are always available to contact via a simple online form, so you can quickly reach out with any questions about the lessons contained in this course.
Check out our TExES Preparation resources! We've got TExES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive TExES study guides to help you study, TExES practice tests to test your knowledge, and TExES informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course focuses on helping you master the following objectives as you prepare to take the TExES Health EC-12 exam. Take the final course exam to ensure your full understanding of these topics before taking the actual test. Once you complete this course, you should be ready to:
- Outline the systems of the human body
- Describe the health and development of the human body
- Discuss the immune system and communicable and non-communicable diseases
- Explain nutritional disorders
- Point out the functions of the immune system
- Provide details about emotional and mental health components
- Talk about health and human sexuality
- Assess safety, emergencies and accidents
- Point out factors involved in substance abuse and addiction
- Identify important health skills and resources
- Detail the family and family issues
- Outline physical fitness
- Discuss health-related products and services
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course contains 21 individual chapters broken down into 209 lessons in text and video formats. The lessons come with self-assessment quizzes that help you determine how much you have retained from each lesson and if you might need further review in any area. The final exam in the course is a tool you can use to measure your readiness in taking the TExES Health EC-12 exam.
TExES History EC-12 Exam Information
This exam addresses the topics you must be familiar with in order to teach health to elementary, middle and high school students in Texas.
- Number of Questions: 100 questions
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 5 hours
- Exam Cost: $131
TExES Health EC-12 Exam Breakdown
|TExES Health EC-12 Exam Concept||Percent of the TExES Health Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Personal Health||26%||26 questions||93|
|Healthy Interpersonal Relationships||20%||20 questions||43|
|Community and Environmental Health and Safety||20%||20 questions||43|
|Health-Related Skills and Resources||20%||20 questions||18|
|The School Health Education Program||14%||14 questions||12|
Preparing and Registering for the TExES Health EC-12 Exam
This study guide can familiarize you with content included on the actual exam and help you manage your study time. Each video lesson is taught by a knowledgeable instructor and includes a corresponding quiz you can take to assess your understanding of the course material. Use the results to determine which content areas you excel at and which ones you'll need to review before exam day.
Registration for the TExES exams must be completed online. This process entails creating an account containing your name and contact info on the Texas Education Agency (TEA) website. You'll be issued an ID number that you must then use to sign up for the exam on the Educational Testing Service (ETS) website. It's here where you'll select a test date and location and access your scores once they become available. This account also allows you to print your admission ticket to the testing center. The exam is administered continuously, though you must schedule a testing appointment at least two days before showing up to take the exam.
Scoring the TExES Health EC-12 Exam
Score reports are available online a week after taking the test. You can access them via your ETS account, and you'll want to print a copy for your records because they won't mail you one. Scores are automatically reported to the TEA; a minimum score of 240 points is needed to pass.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- EMT Test and Exam Information with Tips
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Test Prep
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Why You Should Take a Practice Test Before You Start Your Test Prep
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses