- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 292
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Management Roles and Principles
This course can be found in: TExES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ TExES study guides, and 7,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis entertaining course can quickly and effectively help you prepare for the TExES Marketing 6-12 exam. Study fun lessons and utilize self-assessment quizzes and exams to boost your knowledge of key concepts and improve your ability to pass this exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related TExES Courses
About this Course
By exploring this engaging course, you can refresh your knowledge of topics covered on the TExES Marketing 6-12 exam. This exam is one of the requirements current and prospective educators must fulfill to earn certification and teach marketing in Texas. Review the bite-sized lessons in this course to get reacquainted with topics like business law and regulation, marketing data analysis and public relations for business. Use the accompanying quizzes and practice exams to quickly gauge your understanding and readiness to take the exam.
This course was last updated in 2019.
Check out our TExES Preparation resources! We've got TExES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive TExES study guides to help you study, TExES practice tests to test your knowledge, and TExES informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
Explore the following objectives to get an overview of topics you could see on the TExES Marketing 6-12 exam. Study topics that include accounting basics for business, fundamentals of marketing, business and governmental regulation, marketing education and business math applications while ensuring you're able to do the following:
- Discuss organization and management in business
- Describe business law and forms of regulation in business
- Define entrepreneurship and list different types of businesses
- Exhibit knowledge of marketing and financial plans in business
- Provide details about warranties, guarantees, consumer credit and other aspects of risk management and credit-based relationships
- Share the definition of marketing research and discuss demographics in marketing research
- Describe viral marketing, guerrilla marketing and other types of web and media marketing
- Showcase an understanding of product planning, advertising, sales and promotion in marketing
- Discuss product development and distribution and selling and pricing strategies
- Explain international trade, marketing in the global economy and sustainable and international marketing
- Provide facts about public relations management, crisis planning and the significance of public issues in the modern corporation
- Define the team leader and work team and discuss group decision-making in business
- Exhibit knowledge of business intelligence, statistical analysis and business forecasting
- Discuss business technology and information systems
- Describe marketing technology and tools and e-commerce
- Explain how to lay the foundation for a marketing career and establish professionalism at work
- Offer an overview of marketing instruction and assessment
In this course are 247 fun lessons that have been divided into 30 chapters. These lessons are accompanied by multiple-choice quizzes you can take to check your comprehension of concepts covered while getting practice answering questions formatted similarly to those on the TExES Marketing 6-12 exam. Chapter exams and a final course exam offer a broader review of the lessons, gauging your readiness for the exam. Enjoy access to these resources any time via your computer, smartphone or tablet of choice.
TExES Marketing 6-12 Exam Information
Texas requires that entry-level educators take the TExES Marketing 6-12 exam before they can begin teaching marketing concepts in schools.
- Number of Questions: 100 questions
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 5 hours
- Exam Cost: $131
TExES Marketing 6-12 Exam Breakdown
|Exam Concept||Percent of the Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Foundations of Marketing||25%||25 questions||76 lessons|
|Marketing Principles||33%||33 questions||95 lessons|
|Business Communication, Problem Solving and Technology||17%||17 questions||46 lessons|
|Marketing Education Program||25%||25 questions||30 lessons|
Preparing & Registering for the TExES Marketing 6-12 Exam
You can ensure you're ready to pass the TExES Marketing 6-12 exam with our carefully crafted study guide. Our instructors are experts in their fields and designed each chapter to focus on the aspects of marketing that will be tested by the exam. You can review the lessons as many times as you want and track your understanding with our interactive quizzes and tests.
Registration for the TExES Marketing 6-12 exam can be completed online or over the phone. The exam is offered year-round by appointment. Once you have finished the exam, your scores will be available within seven days.
Texas Examinations for Educator Standards (TExES) is a registered trademark of the Texas Education Agency, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- 4 Ways to Study Effectively for Your CLEP Exams
- How Do I Pass the A+ Certification Exam?
- How Do I Prepare for Cisco Certification Exams?
- How Do I Prepare for the PHR Certification Exam?
- How Do You Prepare for the PMP Certification Exam?
- Get My GED: How to Pass the GED Exam
- How Can You Pass the CPC Certification Exam?
- How Do You Pass the ACE Certification Exam?
- How Do You Pass the Phlebotomy Certification Exam?
- How Do I Pass the ITIL Certification Exam?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 83,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses