- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 210
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Fundamental Concepts of Movement & Physicality
This course can be found in: TExES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ TExES study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThe lessons in this study guide course are designed to address all the material that could be found on the TExES Physical Education EC-12 (158) exam, used for physical education teaching certification in the state of Texas. This Study.com course was last updated in 2018.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
26 chapters in TExES Physical Education EC-12 (158): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related TExES Courses
About This Course
Physical education teachers in Texas must demonstrate knowledge of physical movement, health, and physical education teaching approaches when they pursue certification in this field. This study guide helps you review the exercise and fitness, biomechanics, health and wellness, physical education planning strategies, and physical education learning environments concepts you'll need to know for the Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES) Physical Education EC- 12 (158) exam. Self-paced video and text lessons available 24/7 allow you to create a flexible study schedule. Expert instructors present the material in a clear and concise manner and can be reached with any lesson-specific questions via a brief online contact form.
Check out our TExES Preparation resources! We've got TExES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive TExES study guides to help you study, TExES practice tests to test your knowledge, and TExES informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
Once you complete this course, you should have developed the ability to explain concepts in motor skills development; detail rules of various games such as softball, volleyball, and soccer; describe cardiovascular fitness exercises; and utilize effective teaching and assessment strategies in physical education environments. After completing this course, you should know how to:
- Assess cognitive, social, and emotional development
- Outline motor skill development in children
- Describe sports and recreational skills and activities
- Detail muscular strength and flexibility in fitness
- Explain nutrition and nutritional health for children
- Identify the role of the physical education teacher
- Create positive physical education learning environments
- List laws and legislation affecting physical education teaching
- Outline effective communication in physical education classrooms
- Detail the rules of softball, soccer and volleyball
- Define instructional pedagogy
- Use technology effectively in physical education
- Discuss professional development opportunities for physical education teachers
This course contains 26 individual chapters broken down into 204 lessons. These lessons are accessible 24/7 for your convenience and come with self-assessment quizzes that help to ensure your full understanding of each topic as you move through this course.
TExES Physical Education EC-12 Exam Information
Those seeking to teach physical education at the pre-K through high school levels must obtain the proper certification, which involves taking and passing the TExES Physical Education EC-12 exam. This exam measures one's understanding of health, physical activity, nutrition, instructional strategies, and other relevant topics.
- Number of Questions: 100
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 5 hours
- Exam Cost: $131
TExES Physical Education EC-12 Exam Breakdown
|TExES Physical Education EC-12 Exam Concept||Percent of the Physical Education EC-12 Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Movement Skills and Knowledge||38%||38 questions||68|
|Health-Related Physical Fitness||31%||31 questions||50|
|The Physical Education Program||31%||31 questions||86|
TExES Physical Education EC-12 Exam Preparation & Registration
You can utilize this helpful study guide to assist in your preparation for the TExES Physical Science EC-12 exam. Lessons cover physical and motor skills development, motion and kinesiology, physical games and rules, types of exercise programs, aerobic exercise, nutritional needs and choices, muscle building exercise, and flexibility. You will also find lessons addressing physical education instructional strategies, goals of physical education, student assessment methods, preventing and treating injuries, and classroom technology in physical education. Engaging video lessons are taught by experienced instructors, and you also have the choice to print and use the lesson transcript as a reference tool. Self-assessment quizzes gauge your level of understanding and readiness in taking the Physical Education EC-12 exam.
To register for this TExES exam, you must first create an account using the Educational Testing Service (ETS) online registration system that is accessible on the ETS website or by phone or mail. You can choose an exam and a testing site and make your payment during the registration process. You will need the confirmation you receive after registration when you report to your testing site on the day of the exam.
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) is a registered trademark of College Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Physical Education Courses and Classes Overview
- How to Become a Physical Education Teacher in Texas
- Online Certificate Programs in Teaching Physical Education
- Physical Education Degree Programs with Course Descriptions
- Physical Therapy Continuing Education Courses and Classes
- Physical Therapy Continuing Education Courses Online
- Associate Degree in Physical Education: Program and Course Info
- Physical Therapy Assistant Continuing Education Courses & Requirements
- Distance Learning Physical Therapy Education Programs and Courses
- Physical Education Certification & Diploma Programs
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses