- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 249
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1TExES PPR Test Registration Information
This course can be found in: TExES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ TExES study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis study guide course can help you prepare for questions on the TExES PPR EC-12 exam by providing you with an extensive review of the material you are likely to see on the test. Access the resources provided in this course 24 hours a day to study at your convenience.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related TExES Courses
About This Course
This test prep course can assist aspiring Texes educators as they prepare to take the TExES Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities (PPR) EC-12 exam. Covering topics from cognitive development to teacher responsibilities, this course reviews all the topics you can expect to see on the test. To check your readiness or how well you might do on exam day, each lesson is accompanied by a multiple-choice quiz, and there's also an assessment test included with each chapter.
Check out our TExES Preparation resources! We've got TExES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive TExES study guides to help you study, TExES practice tests to test your knowledge, and TExES informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
his course was last updated in 2019.
Syllabus & Course Information
Our expert instructors have created and assembled the lessons and quizzes in this course to offer you a comprehensive review of the topics you may be tested on when you take the TExES PPR EC-12. Work through as many or as few of the lessons as you need in order to feel prepared for test day. The lessons can help you outline the physical and cognitive development of children in early childhood, middle childhood and adolescence as well as detail the environmental factors that affect learning and create positive classrooms environments. After reviewing this course, you should also feel comfortable doing the following:
- Understand ways to adjust instruction to meet the needs of students with diverse backgrounds or special needs
- Develop curriculum and set student learning goals and effective instructional planning
- Explain psychological theories and different philosophies of learning
- Discuss instructional strategies the implementation of those strategies
- Describe classroom technologies and their uses
- Identify teaching strategies for English language learners
- Understand how to effectively utilize student assessments
- Outline professional development, teacher-parent communications and teacher responsibilities
Our TExES PPR EC-12 exam test prep course is made up of 22 chapters and a total of 181 concise and professionally written lessons. We've ensured that each concept you'll be tested on is covered thoroughly in this informative and user-friendly course. If you need assistance as you complete the lessons and chapter, our experts are available through the Dashboard to answer any questions that come up.
Introductory TExES PPR EC-12 Exam Information
The TExES PPR EC-12 exam is used in the by the State of Texas to ensure that prospective teachers possess the knowledge they need on pedagogy and professional responsibilities in order to become certified. This computer-administered exam tests candidates in four subject areas.
- Number of Questions: 100 questions
- Question Type: Multiple choice questions
- Time Limit: 5 hours
- Exam Cost: $131
Introductory TExES PPR EC-12 Exam Breakdown
|TExES PPR EC-12 Exam Concept||Percent of the TExES PPR EC-12 Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Designing Instruction and Assessment to Promote Student Learning||34%||34 questions||94 lessons|
|Creating a Positive, Productive Classroom Environment||13%||13 questions||20 lessons|
|Implementing Effective, Responsive Instruction and Assessment||33%||33 questions||44 lessons|
|Fulfilling Professional Roles and Responsibilities||20%||20 questions||23 lessons|
Preparing and Registering for the TExES PPR EC-12
As you work through this study guide, start by completing the short, engaging lessons. You will have the opportunity to reinforce your retention of the information presented in the video lessons by reading the written transcript. Also, take the accompanying quizzes to discover the topics you may need to review further. At the end of every chapter, re-assess your understanding of all the lessons with the practice chapter exams.If you have any questions about the lessons, our professional instructors may be reached through the teacher tabs of the lessons.
You may register for the TExES PPR EC-12 on the TExES-ETS website. When you do so, you will be able to chose a test date from days offered within the testing windows. These testing windows are offered year round. You must pass this exam to earn certification, and have four attempts in total to pass it. If you need to register to retake the exam you will need to be sure that you are retaking it 45 days after your previous attempt.
Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES) Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities (PPR) EC-12 is a registered trademark of the Texas Education Agency, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- Overview of Legal Studies Courses
- 7 Universities Providing Access to Free Literature Courses Online
- Courses in Cybercrime Studies: Detailed Course Descriptions
- Farming Studies Course and Class Descriptions
- Biopsychology Studies: Degree and Course Information
- Leisure Studies Courses and Classes Overview
- Herbal Studies Classes and Courses Overview
- Home Study Diplomas: Are Correspondence Courses Right for Me?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses