- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 85
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is the TExES Principal Test?
This course can be found in: TExES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ TExES study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryPrepare yourself for the TExES Principal exam with this comprehensive and mobile-friendly course. Inside the course, you'll find short lessons and practice quizzes that help you quickly refresh and deepen your knowledge of all of the education topics that appear on the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
9 chapters in TExES Principal as Instructional Leader Exam (268): Study Guide & Review
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related TExES Courses
About this Course
This simple and convenient online course helps you study for the Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES) Principal exam. Taught by expert instructors, the course's short lessons and assessments explore all of the education concepts on which you'll be tested, including student development, the learning environment and how to build a strong school community. Self-assessment options like lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a final course exam are available to check your understanding of these concepts and ensure you're ready for the day of the exam.
Check out our TExES Preparation resources! We've got TExES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive TExES study guides to help you study, TExES practice tests to test your knowledge, and TExES informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
This course was last updated in 2020.
Syllabus & Course Information
These course objectives provide a comprehensive overview of topics covered on the TExES Principal exam. Build your knowledge while ensuring you're able to provide strategies for parent and community collaboration and identify and discuss ethical issues for educators in Texas. Completing the course also ensures you can do the following:
- Define curriculum design and critical thinking and discuss other important aspects of curriculum and instruction
- Describe the theory and principles of measurement
- Share tips for assessing students in special populations
- Explain how prevent bullying and handle disciplinary problems
- List and discuss ways to evaluate and develop school staff members
- Detail various management skills needed in education
- Exhibit knowledge of organizational and financial oversight in the education arena
- Outline strategies for creating a safe school environment
Benefit from access to 13 chapters and 101 lessons in this entertaining course. These chapters and lessons are accessible around the clock, making it easy to study whenever your schedule permits. Multiple-choice quizzes and practice exams are also available 24 hours a day to check your comprehension of each lesson, chapter and the entire course. If you develop questions during your studies, don't hesitate to submit them to our experts via the Dashboard.
TExES Principal Exam Information
The TExES Principal exam is intended for people who are seeking an entry-level public school principal or assistant principal position in the state of Texas.
- Number of Questions: 120 questions
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 5 hours
- Exam Cost: $131
TExES Principal Exam Breakdown
|Exam Concept||Percent of the Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|School Community Leadership||33%||39-40 questions||36 lessons|
|Instructional Leadership||44%||52-53 questions||61 lessons|
|Administrative Leadership||23%||27-28 questions||17 lessons|
TExES Principal Exam Preparation and Registration
This course can make your TExES Principal exam preparation experience simple, convenient and enjoyable. Our engaging lessons are designed to present key terms and concepts in a way that's easy to understand and remember. You can make sure you fully understand the lesson material by taking the accompanying self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams. Your course dashboard will help you locate the chapter topics you need to study. Our instructors are happy to answer any questions you may have, and the lesson transcripts are available to print out for further study. Finally, you'll be able to evaluate your readiness to sit for the TExES Principal exam by taking the course's final assessment.
Registration for the exam can be completed on the Texas Education Agency's official website. You'll find upcoming exam dates, registration deadlines, eligibility information, nearby testing centers and other testing rules. You'll also find instructions for printing your identification requirements and admission ticket for your testing day.
Texas Examinations for Educator Standards (TExES) is a registered trademark of the Texas Education Agency, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- CNA Courses with Comprehensive Course Descriptions
- Online EMT Refresher Course and Continuing Education Information
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- What Are Some Exams Which Will Help ME in My Finance Career?
- RN Refresher Course Information
- Texas Principal Certification Exam Requirements
- Online Paramedic Refresher Courses and Continuing Education Information
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- EMT Refresher Courses in NYC with School Options
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses