- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 307
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Laboratory Safety Techniques: Protecting People and Equipment
This course can be found in: TExES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ TExES study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis study guide is designed to help you review material you would be expected to know as an aspiring elementary or middle school science educator in Texas. The guide consists of lessons and self-assessment quizzes that can help you prepare for the TExES Science 4-8 (116) exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related TExES Courses
About This Course
Reviewing these lessons can help you refresh your memory on the science material you'll be tested on by the Texas Examinations of Educator Standard (TExES) Science 4-8 exam. You'll find lessons focusing on energy, force, chemical bonds and reactions, astronomy, geology, organisms, and science systems. Information is offered in bite-sized lessons that use examples and illustrations for each topic to ensure your full understanding. You can track your progress through the course on your Dashboard and reach out to instructors with any questions or problems via a brief online contact form.
Check out our TExES Preparation resources! We've got TExES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive TExES study guides to help you study, TExES practice tests to test your knowledge, and TExES informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
This course was last updated in 2019.
Syllabus & Course Information
The use of this course can help you analyze scientific data, discuss basics of force and motion, describe the structure of matter, understand the structure of living things, and name earth systems. Once you have successfully reviewed these lessons, you should also be able to:
- Describe natural resources
- Understand scientific models
- List elements of the periodic table
- Apply chemical formulas and describe chemical bonds and reactions
- Detail aspects of heat, energy, magnetism, and power
- Discuss evolution, heredity, and reproduction
- Identify the earth's systems and features
- Provide details about the formation of the earth
- Describe aspects and characteristics of climate and weather
- Name components of the solar system and universe
This course contains 36 individual chapters broken down into 263 video and text lessons. Each lesson takes only ten minutes or less to review and can be accessed 24/7 from any device.
TExES Science 4-8 Exam Information
The TExES Science 4-8 exam is administered to entry-level educators seeking to teach science in the state of Texas. Passing this test is part of the requirements to earn certification, and this study guide will help you to be fully prepared for this exam.
- Number of Questions: 90 questions
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 5 hours
- Exam Cost: $131
TExES Science 4-8 Exam Breakdown
|TExES Science 4-8 Exam Concept||Percent of the Science 4-8 Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Scientific Inquiry and Processes||22%||19 questions||56|
|Physical Science||22%||19 questions||86|
|Life Science||22%||19 questions||58|
|Earth and Space Science||22%||19 questions||57|
|Science Learning, Instruction and Assessment||13%||11 questions||6|
TExES Science 4-8 Exam Preparation & Registration
Accessing this guide can help you prepare for questions you could encounter on the TExES Science 4-8 exam. The lessons allow you to go over material focusing on chemical formulas and reactions, demographics, matter, light and sound waves, evolution of species, earth formations and cell structures. You will also review lessons on chemical bonds, scientific properties, natural resources, magnetism, organism adaptability and the periodic table. Printable lessons are great reference tools and quizzes can be re-taken as often as needed to master the material covered in the lessons.
To register for this FTCE exam, you must first create an account on the FTCE website. Having an account allows you to submit your personal information, select a testing time and place, and pay any necessary registration fees. An admission ticket will be emailed to you after completing the registration process. Print it and bring it to the testing location on the day of your exam.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Assessment in Schools | A Guide to Assessment Types
- How to Help Students Conduct Self-Assessments
- Formative Assessment in Schools | A Guide to Formative Assessment
- How to Become a Biological Science Technician: Career Guide
- How to Become a High School Science Teacher in Texas
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Becoming a Science Teacher in Texas
- Should I Become an Elementary School Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Middle School Science Worksheets and Printables
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses