- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 291
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Pass the TExES Special Education EC-12
This course can be found in: TExES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ TExES study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryFeel confident in your ability to take and pass the TExES Special Education EC-12 test with this course's helpful study resources, including entertaining lessons and take self-assessment quizzes. This Study.com course was last updated in 2018.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
27 chapters in TExES Special Education EC-12 (161): Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - How to Pass the TExES Special Education EC-12|
|Lesson 2 - TExES Special Education Test Dates|
Related TExES Courses
About This Course
In this self-paced course, you'll find engaging lessons that offer a complete examination of the special education topics you could see on the Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES) Special Education EC-12 test. Our instructors discuss strategies educators can use to teach basic reading skills and fluency as well as math concepts like number sense, numeration, expressions and geometric/spatial reasoning. This course also explores steps educators can take to manage classroom behavior, teach social skills and collaborate with colleagues. In addition to short lessons, you'll find multiple-choice quizzes and practice exams designed to assess your understanding of concepts covered in this course. Lesson transcripts are printable so you can create optional quick-reference materials, and your Dashboard is designed to help you track your progress through the course.
Check out our TExES Preparation resources! We've got TExES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive TExES study guides to help you study, TExES practice tests to test your knowledge and TExES informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
Using this study guide will help you reach such objectives as understanding the characteristics of disabilities; using assistive technology for special education; and applying strategies for teaching math and literacy skills. This guide is also designed to help you:
- Outline the characteristics of disabilities
- Explain theories of human learning and development
- Discuss the types of assessment for special education
- Plan special education instruction in Texas
- Detail classroom management and procedures
- Understand the use of assistive technology used in special education
- Promote student achievement in special education
- Implement collaboration in special education
- Describe educational services for severe and multiple disabilities
- Understand transition skills for special education
- Utilize strategies for teaching basic reading skills
- Improve reading comprehension in special education
- Teach geometry, spatial reasoning and math in SPED
- Outline the basics of probability and statistics
This course contains 25 individual chapters broken down into 268 lessons. Video and text lessons are accessible at all times, from any device, so you can easily and conveniently create a flexible study schedule.
TExES Special Education EC-12 Exam Information
Any teacher seeking to instruct special needs students in the state of Texas must take and pass the TExES Special Education EC-12 exam as part of the certification requirements.
- Number of Questions: 150 questions
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 5 hours
- Exam Cost: $131
TExES Special Education EC-12 Exam Breakdown
|TExES Special Education EC-12 Exam Concept||Percent of the Special Education EC-12 Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Understanding Individuals with Disabilities and Evaluating Their Needs||13%||19 questions||26|
|Promoting Student Learning and Development||33%||49 questions||102|
|Promoting Student Achievement in English Language Arts, and Reading and Mathematics||33%||49 questions||106|
|Foundations and Professional Roles and Responsibilities||20%||30 questions||34|
Preparing & Registering for the TExES Special Education EC-12 Test
This course allows you to tailor your preparations for the TExES Special Education EC-12 test. Watch and review only the lessons you need to study. Use our short quizzes and practice exams to gauge your understanding of each lesson, chapter and the entire course. If you need to clarify key concepts covered in the lessons, like culturally responsive teaching (CRT), self-monitoring in the classroom and emergent literacy, you may contact our experts through the dashboard. These resources are accessible 24 hours a day in a secure online environment via any computer, smartphone or tablet with an Internet connection.
To schedule the test, you will need to register through the Pearson online registration system. After creating or logging into your account, select the option to register for a test, then follow additional steps until you're able to choose your test date, time and location. On the day of the test, you will be asked to arrive prior to your scheduled test time, present your admission ticket and bring ID displaying your full name exactly as it was entered during the registration process. Arriving late could result in not being admitted to the exam and losing your test fees.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Should I Become a Special Education Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Study.com Updates
- The Most Helpful Free Education Resources
- Should I Work in Human Resources? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- TExES Test Preparation & Resources
- Should I Major in Education? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Special Education Course Information
- Should I Take Pass/No Pass Courses at Community College?
- Why Do I Have to Take a Capstone Course?
- Special Needs Education & Accommodation Resources
- Colleges that Offer Architecture
- List of Free Online Insurance Courses and Classes
- Tactical Jobs for Veterans
- Loss Prevention Surveillance Officer Employment Info for a Career in Corporate Surveillance and Loss Prevention
- Forensic Engineer Job Information for Those Pursuing a Career in Forensic Engineering and Other Forensic Sciences
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses