- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 225
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Number Systems and The Base-Ten System
Course SummaryIf you plan on taking the TExMaT Master Mathematics Teacher 4-8 exam, use this comprehensive study guide course to get fully prepared. The course contains bite-sized lessons and practice quizzes that go over the information you need to know for this teacher certification assessment.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
28 chapters in TExMaT Master Mathematics Teacher 4-8 (088): Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Middle school math teachers in Texas seeking the master mathematics teacher designation must pass the TExMaT Master Mathematics Teacher 4-8 exam. This engaging test preparation course is designed to get you ready for all of the exam's sections. When you use this course to study, you'll review foundational concepts in number theory, algebra, calculus, geometry and statistics. Our expert instructors also cover curriculum planning, instruction, assessment and technology topics for math teachers. The course consists of short and informative lessons, practice assessments and a variety of supplemental studying tools that make for an effective and enjoyable test preparation experience.
Check out our TExMaT Preparation resources! We've got TExMaT courses to teach you the material, comprehensive TExMaT study guides to help you study, TExMaT practice tests to test your knowledge, and TExMaT informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
We've aligned this course with the topics that you'll likely encounter on the TExMaT Master Mathematics Teacher 4-8 exam. Complete the course to review fundamental math concepts, sharpen your problem-solving skills and study the elements of effective math instruction. By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe number structures, properties and representation
- Work with basic math operations, patterns, sequences and series
- Explain the applications of number theory
- Solve linear function modeling problems
- Complete problems with quadratic and nonlinear function representations
- Outline basic calculus concepts
- Recognize the properties of triangles and 2D/3D figures
- Teach students Euclidean and transformational geometry
- Analyze numbers, graphics, probability, statistical samples and bivariate data
- Trace the historical development of math concepts
- Use instructional planning, teaching and assessment methods
- Discuss the importance of inclusive math environments
- Integrate technologies in math classrooms
- Collaborate with educational stakeholders and grow professionally as an educator
This course offers a total of 234 lessons that are broken into 29 chapters. As you work through the course, watch/read through the lessons at your own pace and take the accompanying self-assessment quizzes to reinforce your understanding of important math concepts. You can also take the included chapter exams to practice applying your math skills.
TExMaT Master Mathematics Teacher 4-8 (088) Exam Information
TExMaT Master Mathematics Teacher 4-8 exam evaluates the knowledge and skills that middle school math teachers must have in order to teach professionally in Texas public schools and serve as mentors in the field.
- Number of Questions: 90 + 1 case study assignment
- Question Type Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 5 hours
- Exam Cost: $131
TExMaT Master Mathematics Teacher 4-8 (088) Exam Breakdown
|TExMaT Master Mathematics Teacher 4-8 Exam Concept||Percent of the TExMaT Master Mathematics Teacher 4-8 Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Patterns and algebra||26%||23||40|
|Geometry and measurement||22%||20||37|
|Probability and statistics||18.5%||17||55|
|Mathematical processes, perspectives, mentoring and leadership||15%||13||58|
TExMaT Master Mathematics Teacher 4-8 Exam Preparation & Registration
This course is accessible online any time that fits your schedule. This 24/7 accessibility makes it easy to prepare for the exam wherever it's convenient, whether that's at home, school, work or a local coffee shop. The course dashboard will keep track of your progress, and our subject-matter experts are available to answer any questions you may have about the material. When you finish the course, try the final assessment to evaluate your readiness for the TExMaT Master Mathematics Teacher 4-8 exam.
You can register for this exam on the official Texas Education Agency (TEA) website. The website will walk you though all the steps that are required for registering for your TExMaT exam, such as gaining approval for testing, reviewing their Registration Bulletin, choosing a testing center and date and creating your own TEA account. On the day of the test, you'll need to bring several identification documents, as well as your admission tickets. Candidates may take the exam up to five times.
TExMaT is a registered trademark of the Texas Education Agency, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- NH Teacher Certification Programs with Course Information
- Master Programs for Teachers with Course Summaries
- What You Need to Know About Teacher Certification Reciprocity
- Teacher Certification in Dallas with Course Descriptions
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Volcanoes
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Genetic Technology
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Acid & Bases
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Ground Water
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12 Organism Characteristics
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Graphs & Calculations
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses