- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 176
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Number Systems and The Base-Ten System
Course SummaryIf you're looking for a resource to help you prepare for the TExMAT Master Mathematics Teacher EC-4 exam, look no further than this informative study guide course. These professionally written lessons and quizzes are a great way to ensure you do your best on exam day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
23 chapters in TExMAT Master Mathematics Teacher EC-4 (087): Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This engaging test prep course provides you with all the information you need to study for the TExMAT Master Mathematics Teacher EC-4 exam. You'll review geometric shapes, mathematical reasoning, math assessment planning and other information you'd expect to find on the exam. Each lesson is provided in a mobile-friendly and easy-to-follow format, making these concepts accessible. If you have any questions as you study, reach out to an expert through the Dashboard for assistance.
Check out our TExES test prep materials! We've got TExES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive TExES study guides to help you study, TExES practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational TExES resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
Each chapter and lesson in this course aligns itself with a topic you'll find on the exam. These include evaluating probability, math teaching strategies, historical development of math concepts and much more. Once you complete this test prep course, you should understand how to:
- Collaborate with educational stakeholders
- Discuss inclusion in math education
- Outline geometric applications and relationships
- Explain the use of mental math to solve word problems
- Detail measurement applications and units
In this helpful study guide course, you'll find 23 chapters made up of 174 lessons. Along with each lesson and chapter, we've included self-assessment quizzes and tests to help you check your progress as you move along.
TExMAT Master Mathematics Teacher EC-4 Exam Information
The TExMAT Master Mathematics Teacher EC-4 exam tests the skills and proficiency of candidates seeking a Master Mathematics Teacher EC-4 certificate in the state of Texas.
- Number of Questions: 91 questions
- Question Type: 90 multiple choice questions, 1 case study question
- Time Limit: Five hours
- Exam Cost: $131
TExMAT Master Mathematics Teacher EC-4 Exam Breakdown
|TExMAT Master Mathematics Teacher EC-4 Concept||Percent of the TExMAT Master Mathematics Teacher EC-4 Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Lessons|
|Number Concepts: Content, Instruction & Assessment||23%||21 questions||27|
|Patterns & Algebra: Content, Instruction & Assessment||18%||16 questions||17|
|Geometry & Measurement: Content, Instruction & Assessment||23%||21 questions||37|
|Probability & Statistics: Content, Instruction and Assessment||18%||16 questions||22|
|Mathematical Processes, Perspectives, Mentoring & Leadership||18%||16 questions||71|
TExMAT Master Mathematics Teacher EC-4 is a registered trademark of the Texas Education Agency, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- 5 Qualities to Look For in a Homework Help Resource
- CNA Certification Test: A Detailed Look at the CNA Exam
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- 4 Ways to Study Effectively for Your CLEP Exams
- Professional Development Courses for Teachers
- What Does an Online College Course Look Like?
- How to Become a Teacher in Connecticut: Certification Exam & Requirements
- Which Skills Do Teacher Certification Exams Emphasize?
- How Hard Is the Florida Teacher Certification Exam?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses