- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 256
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1States of Matter and Chemical Versus Physical Changes to Matter
This course can be found in: TExES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ TExES study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis engaging study guide course is for you if you need some assistance getting ready for the TExMaT Master Science Teacher 4-8 certification exam. Fun lessons and self-assessment quizzes and exams build your knowledge, ensuring you're ready to excel on exam day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
26 chapters in TExMaT Master Science Teacher 4-8 (091): Study Guide & Test Prep
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related TExES Courses
About this Course
Utilize the study resources included in this test prep course to build your confidence before taking the TExMaT Master Science Teacher 4-8 exam. The certification exam is designed for Texas public school educators who are interested in the master science teacher credential. The engaging lessons in this course offer in-depth analyses of topics covered on the exam, including organisms within ecosystems, properties of the earth's materials and science education safety. Mini quizzes and practice exams can check your understanding and ensure you're ready to answer questions on the exam.
Check out our TExES Preparation resources! We've got TExES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive TExES study guides to help you study, TExES practice tests to test your knowledge and TExES informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
The following objectives give you a quality overview of topics you can see on the TExMaT Master Science Teacher 4-8 exam. Gain greater insight into energy transformations, ecology, methods of scientific inquiry, scientific data and teaching strategies/student assessment for science. You'll also ensure you're ready to:
- Discuss the properties of matter along with chemical bonds, structures, equations and formulas
- Exhibit knowledge of the relationship between motion and force
- Explain the needs and characteristics of organisms
- Provide a thorough description of heredity, evolution and reproduction
- List and describe the properties of Earth's materials and discuss Earth's processes and formation
- Showcase an understanding of the hydrosphere, Earth's climate, weather and atmosphere
- Discuss the exploration and formation of the solar system and universe
- Identify and describe the components and influences of the solar system
- Detail the contexts of science from a personal, societal and historical perspective
- Share facts about the nature of science and unifying themes
- Explain strategies for maintaining safety in science education
- Describe the use of TEKS and how it is aligned with science at various grade levels
- Provide an explanation of the science teaching and learning environment
- Discuss the basics of communication, collaboration and leadership in science education
- Detail options for professional development and mentoring for Texas science teachers
In this course, you will find 233 entertaining lessons divided into 25 chapters you can explore whenever and wherever your schedule permits. Benefit from 24/7 computer and mobile access to this course, along with the ability to assess your knowledge of concepts covered in the lessons via our multiple-choice quizzes. To feel confident in your knowledge of each chapter and the entire course, take our comprehensive exams. The Dashboard makes it easy to keep track of your progress and lets you submit lesson topic questions to our experts.
TExMaT Master Science Teacher 4-8 Exam Information
The TExMaT Master Science Teacher 4-8 is a certification exam given to teachers who wish to obtain a Master Science Teacher certificate in the state of Texas for grades 4 to 8.
- Number of Questions: 90 questions + 1 case study
- Question Type: Multiple choice and written response
- Time Limit: 5 hours
- Exam Cost: $131
TExMaT Master Science Teacher 4-8 Exam Breakdown
|Exam Concept||Percent of the Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Physical Science||18%||16-17 questions||49 lessons|
|Life Science||18%||16-17 questions||45 lessons|
|Earth and Space Science||18%||16-17 questions||57 lessons|
|The History, Nature, and Context of Science; Scientific Inquiry; and Safety||18%||16-17 questions||41 lessons|
|Alignment and Integration, Instruction, and Assessment||14%||12-13 questions||33 lessons|
|The Learning and Teaching Environment, Mentoring, and Shared Leadership||14%||12-13 questions||26 lessons|
TExMaT Master Science Teacher 4-8 Certification Exam Preparation & Registration
This concise test prep course is designed to help take the stress out of your preparations for the TExMaT Master Science Teacher 4-8 certification exam. Lessons written by expert instructors will make it easier to understand topics such as science education safety and the science learning environment, plus Earth's climate, chemical bonds and heredity. Because this course is self-paced, you can move as quickly or as slowly as required, customizing your study experience to best fit your needs.
If you'd like to take the TExMaT Master Science Teacher 4-8 exam, first select the date and location of the test you'd like to sit for and then register online to create an account. Once you have registered, you'll be given an admissions ticket that you must bring with you on test day along with a valid piece of government-issued photo identification. As pencils are not supplied at the testing center, you will need to bring three to four sharpened pencils with good erasers in order to take the test. Please note that mechanical pencils and mechanical erasers are not permitted.
Texas Examinations for Master Teachers (TExMaT) is a registered trademark of the Texas Education Agency, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Which Skills Do Teacher Certification Exams Emphasize?
- How to Become a Teacher in Connecticut: Certification Exam & Requirements
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Atmospheric Science
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Environmental Science
- Compass Exams
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Scientific Inquiry
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Weather & Storms
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Water Balance
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses