- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 374
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Science: Power, Limitations & Ethics
This course can be found in: TExES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ TExES study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryGet ready for the TExMaT Master Science Teacher exam for grades 8-12 with this mobile-friendly study guide. Work through our engaging lessons and quizzes to study essential exam topics and see how well you'll do on the test.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
41 chapters in TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12 (092): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related TExES Courses
About This Course
High school science teachers in Texas who want to take on mentoring responsibilities can pursue the Master Science Teacher (MST) credential after passing the TExMaT Master Science Teacher exam for grades 8-12. This comprehensive test preparation course is designed to get you prepared for the exam quickly and efficiently. We offer expertly taught video lessons and practice assessments that cover all of the life, physical, Earth and space science concepts on which you'll be tested.
Check out our TExMaT Preparation resources! We've got TExMaT courses to teach you the material, comprehensive TExMaT study guides to help you study, TExMaT practice tests to test your knowledge, and TExMaT informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
These fun video lessons and quizzes examine all of the chemistry, physics, science, biology and earth science instruction topics you'll need to review before your test day. Our expert instructors help you fully understand the history of science, the nature of scientific inquiry, lab safety techniques and other requisite knowledge that's needed to teach science in the state of Texas. When you're finished with the course, you should be able to:
- Describe basic chemical reactions
- Explain all of Newton's motion laws
- Identify elements on the periodic table
- Recognize the properties of waves
- Assess the foundations of genetics and heredity
- Discuss the theory of evolution
- Outline the movement of plate tectonics
- Discuss the history of earth's geology
- Name the planets of the solar system
- Understand the qualities of effective science instruction
This comprehensive course contains a total of 536 bite-sized lessons that are divided into 65 chapters. Each lesson comes with a short quiz to help you reinforce your knowledge, and you can take the included chapter exams to make sure you remember important scientific concepts.
TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12 Test Information
Teachers who are seeking the Master Science Teacher credential must pass the TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12 test. Instructors who pass the test demonstrate thorough knowledge and instructional skills, as well as the ability to mentor other teachers.
- Number of Questions: 90 + 1 case study assignment
- Question Type Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 5 hours
- Exam Cost: $131
TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12 Exam Preparation & Registration
Our course is designed to help teachers fit study time into their busy schedules. The self-paced video lessons last less than ten minutes each and can be viewed in any order, making it easy to focus on the topics you need to review. The multiple-choice quizzes and practice tests are also useful for tracking your course progress and determining which areas of the exam could use some extra attention.
To complete the first stage of the registration process, create an account on the Texas Education Agency (TEA) website. You'll receive a TEA identification number, which you must then use to create a separate account through the Educational Testing Service (ETS). This account will allow you to sign up and pay for the test. Registration deadlines fall around one month before the test date. You can also sign up by the late registration deadline or during the emergency registration period for an additional fee.
TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12 Exam Scoring
Scores on the MST exam fall on a 100-300 point scale. The minimum passing score is 240. Test results are available through your ETS account around three weeks after the test date.
TExMaT is a registered trademark of the Texas Education Agency, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Environmental Science
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Atmospheric Science
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Earthquakes
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Volcanoes
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Thermodynamics
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Ground Water
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Scientific Inquiry
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Earth Materials
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Weathering & Erosion
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Acid & Bases
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts