- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 217
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Physical Property of Matter: Definition & Examples
This course can be found in: TExES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ TExES study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryWe've included a variety of helpful resources in this test prep course to help make your study experience for the TExMaT Master Science Teacher EC-4 certification exam thorough and enjoyable. Review these lessons on any mobile device or computer at any time for convenient studying.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
22 chapters in TExMaT Master Science Teacher EC-4 (090): Study Guide & Test Prep
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related TExES Courses
About This Course
Get ready to take the TExMaT Master Science Teacher EC-4 test using our study guide course. You'll find lessons and multiple-choice quizzes/tests designed by professional instructors that make these concepts easy to understand. You're welcome to study the entire course or customize your study experience to fit your requirements. Keep tabs on your progress through the course using the Dashboard as your guide.
Check out our TExES Preparation resources! We've got TExES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive TExES study guides to help you study, TExES practice tests to test your knowledge, and TExES informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This TExMaT Master Science Teacher EC-4 exam study guide course is designed to help you master the concepts you'll find on the test. From force and Newton's laws of motions to science education safety and the history of science, all the topics you'll face on exam day are clearly outlined in these resources. After finishing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Discuss elements, matter, mixtures and compounds
- Detail electricity, sound, energy and light
- Identify the fundamental characteristics of living things
- Explain evolution, reproduction and genetics
- Define adaptations, ecosystems and competition
- Describe Earth's natural materials and processes plus the atmosphere and hydrosphere
- Outline the solar system, the universe and the Earth-sun relationship
- Detail the nature of science and unifying themes
- Manage scientific data and methods of scientific inquiry
- Describe the alignment of Texas science instruction for young learners
- Identify teaching strategies for science, plus the teaching and learning environment
- Understand and implement assessment for students
- Outline communication, leadership and collaboration in science education
- Explain professional development and mentoring for Texas science teachers
- Describe resources and strategies for teaching science to young learners
This test prep course is made up of 197 lessons and 21 chapters of engaging lessons, quizzes and tests. To check your knowledge as you move along, these self-assessment tools help to identify the areas where you need further study and how well you might do on the test.
TExMaT Master Science Teacher EC-4 Exam Information
Teachers who wish to obtain their Master Science Teacher Certificate in Texas for early childhood through 4th grade must take and pass the TExMaT Master Science Teacher EC-4 certification exam. This test is made up of a series of multiple-choice questions and a case study assignment that both address the standards required of a master science teacher. When you take this test, you'll be evaluated on your knowledge of Earth and space science; physical science; life science; scientific inquiry, safety as it pertains to science; instruction, assessment and alignment; and the learning and teaching environment.
- Number of Questions: 91 questions
- Question Type: Multiple choice questions and a case study assignment
- Time Limit: Five hours
- Exam Cost: $131
TExMaT Master Science Teacher EC-4 Exam Breakdown
|TExMaT Master Science Teacher EC-4 Concept||Percent of the TExMaT Master Science Teacher EC-4 Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Physical Science||18%||16 questions||21|
|Life Science||18%||16 questions||33|
|Earth and Space Science||18%||16 questions||33|
|The History, Nature and Context of Science; Scientific Inquiry; and Safety||18%||16 questions||42|
|Alignment and Integration, Instruction and Assessment||14%||13 questions||23|
|The Learning and Teaching Environment, Mentoring and Shared Leadership||14%||13 questions||45|
TExMaT Master Science Teacher EC-4 Certification Exam Preparation & Registration
Prepare for the TExMaT Master Science Teacher EC-4 certification exam with ease using the informative and concise lessons and chapters provided here. We help take the stress out of studying by providing access to our helpful instructors. Review mentoring for science teachers, science education safety and teaching resources, as well as electricity, the characteristics of living things and Earth's natural materials. Any questions that arise as you complete this course can be conveniently directed to an instructor through the Dashboard.
Once you have determined that you are eligible to take the TExMaT Master Science Teacher EC-4 certification exam, registration can be completed online. When creating your online account, select the test center and time of your test, then complete the registration process and the payment of any testing fees. On test day, candidates will be asked supply admission tickets and government-issued forms of photo identification in order to be admitted into the testing center. You must also bring three or four sharpened pencils on test day in order to complete the exam.
TExMaT Master Science Teacher EC-4 is a registered trademark of the Texas Education Agency, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Atmospheric Science
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Environmental Science
- Make the Most of a Work-Study Experience
- Computer Science Teacher Certification in Texas
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Scientific Inquiry
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Weather & Storms
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Water Balance
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Historical Geology
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Earthquakes
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: The Hydrosphere
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses