- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 53
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Book Thief by Zusak: Summary & Analysis
Course SummaryLearn more about the main events and characters from the novel ''The Book Thief'' using the lessons in this study guide. Watch engaging video lessons and answer interactive quiz questions to prepare yourself to discuss this novel during classroom activities or to succeed on upcoming tests that cover this book.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help reviewing The Book Thief material quickly will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Need an efficient way to learn The Book Thief
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools
- Want an organized resource to help study for an exam
- Feel overwhelmed trying to memorize large amounts of information
- Struggle to identify the most important facts in your literature class
How It Works:
- Complete all lessons in the course to learn important information.
- Review lessons as needed to strengthen your comprehension.
- Refer to the important lesson topics to reinforce your learning.
- Test your knowledge with lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Review only the information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use The Book Thief Study Guide final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll cover these key topics:
- Literary context for The Book Thief such as the genre, timeline and setting
- The conflict, colors, climax, and criticism of the novel
- The book's use of literary devices such as foreshadowing, symbols, hyperbole, irony and imagery
- Rude Steiner, Hans Huberman, and other The Book Thief characters
- Summary of each part of The Book Thief
- How a teacher can teach this book to their students
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- College Lessons Learned Outside the Classroom
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Integrating Technology in the High School Classroom with Video Lessons
- Beware: Lessons From Setting Up My Virtual Classroom
- OCL Psychology Student Diary: Lessons Learned
- 5 Lessons I've Learned From Creating My College Resume
- Bookkeeping Software Video: Learning and Using Quicken and Quickbooks for Bookkeepers
- Guided Reading Lesson Plans
- Multimedia Career Training in Charlotte
- Bachelor of Computer Technology Network Engineering Degree Overview
- Computer and Network Administration Certification Program Outline
- Bachelors Degree in Child Development Program Summary
- Associate in Occupational Science AOS E-Business Management and Accounting Degree Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses