- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 98
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Modernism in American Literature
Course SummaryIf you're looking for a quick and simple way to master ''The Great Gatsby'' to boost your literature class grades or prepare for class exams, then refer to this extensive study guide. Short but detailed video lessons cover literary analysis, themes, characters, symbolism and other key topics.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help reviewing The Great Gatsby material quickly will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Need an efficient way to learn about The Great Gatsby
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools
- Want an organized resource to help study for an exam
- Feel overwhelmed trying to memorize large amounts of information
- Struggle to identify the most important facts in your American literature class
How It Works:
- Watch all the fun videos in the course to learn important information.
- Review lessons as needed to strengthen your comprehension.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your knowledge with lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Review only the information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use The Great Gatsby Study Guide final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll cover these key topics:
- F. Scott Fitzgerald and the literary context of The Great Gatsby
- Impact of the time period in which The Great Gatsby is based
- Important settings within the novel, including West Egg and Jay Gatsby's house
- Literary analysis of the book, detailing different themes such as carelessness and materialism
- Personification, color symbolism, and other literary devices used throughout The Great Gatsby
- A detailed description of major and minor characters in the novel
- Thorough chapter summaries
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- 10 Ways to Turn Things Around When You're Failing a Class
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Carpentry Classes Available with Detailed Class Descriptions
- CPR Classes with Detailed Course Information
- Ten Ways to Boost Your GPA
- New to Blended Classrooms? Here Is Your Quick Start Guide
- CNA Certification Test: A Detailed Look at the CNA Exam
- Cake Baking Classes and Courses with Detailed Descriptions
- Microsoft Access Classes and Courses with Detailed Descriptions
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses