Course SummaryThis course is a convenient online study resource that can help anyone who needs to review the literary elements of ''The Hobbit.'' Students and independent learners can use the course to improve their knowledge of the book, and teachers can use it to supplement their lessons.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help reviewing The Hobbit material quickly will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Need an efficient way to learn about the novel The Hobbit
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools
- Want an organized resource to help study for an exam
- Feel overwhelmed trying to memorize large amounts of information
- Struggle to identify the most important details in your literature class
How It Works:
- Complete all lessons in the course to learn important information.
- Review lessons as needed to strengthen your comprehension.
- Refer to the important lesson topics to reinforce your learning.
- Test your knowledge with lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Review only the information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use The Hobbit final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll cover these key topics:
- Literary context and devices of the novel
- Story elements found within The Hobbit
- A literary analysis of the novel
- Comparing hobbits and humans in the book
- The role of dwarves, wizards, and elves in The Hobbit
- The hobbit creatures in the novel
- Summaries of every chapter in the book
- Teaching resources for The Hobbit
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Courses for Becoming an Art Teacher
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Free Online Literary Theory Courses: Where Can I Find Them?
- Online Teachers Aide Courses and Classes
- Online Courses in Natural Resource Management: Course Descriptions
- Online Writing Courses for Children's Book Authors
- Online Book Publishing Courses and Training Programs
- Online Courses for Animal Care Students
- Online Banking Classes and Courses Review
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses