- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 44
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde: Summary, Analysis & Criticism
Course SummaryReview and analyze the most important literary elements of ''The Importance of Being Earnest'' with this self-paced study guide course. These short lessons and quizzes are great options for students who want to supplement their textbooks, get extra homework help and prepare for upcoming exams.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help reviewing the play The Importance of Being Earnest will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Need an efficient way to learn about The Importance of Being Earnest
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools
- Want an organized resource to help study for an exam
- Feel overwhelmed trying to memorize large amounts of information
- Struggle to identify the most important facts in your literature class
How It Works:
- Complete all lessons in the course to learn important information.
- Review lessons as needed to strengthen your comprehension.
- Refer to the important lesson topics to reinforce your learning.
- Test your knowledge with lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Review only the information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use The Importance of Being Earnest final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll cover these key topics:
- The literary and historical context of The Importance of Being Earnest
- Analysis of the play's major themes, literary devices and characters
- Summaries of the play's acts and scenes
- Significant quotes from the play
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Is Homework More Important for Students with ADHD?
- How Important Is Homework to Student Success?
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- How to Help Students Conduct Self-Assessments
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- New Study Shows Salaries Are Not Keeping Pace with Student Debt
- What to Do When Your Study Group Isn't Helping You Succeed on Exams
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses