- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 11
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Professionalism in the Workplace: Definition & Maintenance
Course SummaryUse this training course to help your employees understand the importance of displaying and maintaining professionalism at work. This course's short and entertaining video lessons focus on workplace boundaries, methods for staying professional when conflicts arise and more.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
The series of video lessons in this course emphasize key elements of workplace professionalism. Videos are short - each can be viewed in about 5-6 minutes - allowing your employees to easily squeeze this training into their schedules. In this course, employees can learn about standards of professionalism that are used in the workplace, boundaries and their importance, appropriate dress and professional communication.
How It Works
Have your employees watch these videos on their own time or feature them in a corporate training program. These engaging video lessons use fun animations and illustrations to drive home critical topics and help employees retain the knowledge they need to behave professionally while at work.
This course is simple to use:
- Short and entertaining video lessons make learning about workplace professionalism fun and easy
- Quizzes follow each video and let you verify your employees' comprehension of the different ways to exhibit a professional image or maintain professionalism under pressure
- Video tags allow employees to easily revisit main topics in each lesson that they want to review
- Chapter exams test employees' mastery of methods for establishing professionalism at work and knowledge of the importance of workplace professionalism
- The final exam can help you confirm that your employees understand essential concepts presented in the course and are ready to apply their new knowledge in the workplace
How It Helps
- Promotes a healthy working environment: Employees who understand the importance of boundaries and know how to maintain their professionalism under pressure can build strong professional relationships with their coworkers, creating a positive work environment.
- Builds awareness: Providing training on sensitivity, appropriate dress, ethical conduct, appropriate communication and cultural differences ensures that your employees have the tools they need to help maintain a positive and productive workplace.
- Improves employee performance: Employees who have a role in creating a professional workplace environment will be able to focus more on their jobs, stay motivated and produce better results.
Establishing Professionalism at Work
- Key elements needed to maintain professionalism at work
- Standards and expectations of workplace professionalism
- Methods for demonstrating professionalism at work
- Importance of boundaries
How Professionalism Impacts the Workplace
- Positive aspects of professionalism in the workplace
- Ways to present a professional image while at work
- Professionalism in communication
- Methods for keeping emotional baggage out of the workplace
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How Technology Can Help Your ADHD Student Stay Focused
- How Online Courses Work Video
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- Kettlebell Classes, Courses and Professional Training Information
- Certified Administrative Professional Courses and Training Programs
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- What to Do When Parents Don't Understand Boundaries
- Hair Stylist Video: Training Requirements to Become a Professional Hair Dresser
- How to Become a Professional Video Gamer
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses