- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 12
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Work Team in Contemporary Business: Definition & Analysis
Course SummarySupplement your management training program with the engaging video lessons contained in this course. Use these videos to help your management staff develop skills and strategies needed to effectively lead a team and to set and achieve goals that ensure the success of company projects and operations.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Whether you have departments within your company that need effective management or your company has created teams to accomplish specific projects, it's important that your group of workers has one or more strong leaders. This course offers video lessons that closely examine the leader's role in creating team goals to help your employees effectively manage their teams and learn the best ways to set and achieve goals. A self-assessment quiz is available with each lesson to help your employees gauge their understanding of the topics. You can also contact instructors with any questions you may have about the chapters.
How It Works
The video lessons in each chapter are short, averaging about 5 minutes each. You can use the lessons in corporate training sessions on team leadership or allow your employees to watch the videos individually on their computers or mobile devices.
Some amazing features this course offers include:
- Fun video lessons that closely examine the leader's role in creating team goals
- Lesson quizzes that help employees gauge their comprehension of each video
- A chapter exam on leading a work team
- A chapter exam on setting and achieving team goals
- A final exam that verifies employees understand their role in team goal creation
How It Helps
- Strengthens leadership: Lessons in this course can help your employees become better leaders by strengthening their ability to manage workers and confidently set, delegate and accomplish team goals.
- Improves operations: Helping your leaders effectively manage departments or teams can improve relationships between leaders and team members which can essentially improve operations within your company.
- Aids in production: The ability of your team leaders to set and achieve goals enables your teams to become more productive and, in turn, create a more efficient workplace.
Leading a Work Team
- The importance of a work team in a company
- Defining the team leader in an organization
- Roles and responsibilities of the team leader
- How to use planning to achieve organizational goals
- Four types of planning used by managers
Setting & Achieving Team Goals
- Defining organizational goals
- Setting business department and team goals
- How to delegate projects and select teams members for collaboration
- The importance of monitoring team and individual progress
- Measuring team performance through a final assessment
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Project Management Video: Career Options for a Degree in Project Management
- Operations Videos
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Construction Management Degree Program and Career Video
- Project Management Certification and Training Programs
- Organizational Management Courses and Training Programs
- Logistics Management Training Programs and Courses
- Construction Project Management Education and Training Programs
- Online Project Management Leadership Training Programs
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses