- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 13
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Work Team in Contemporary Business: Definition & Analysis
Course SummaryShow your employees successful team management practices with this course's informative and engaging videos. These lessons outline the roles of team leaders and their responsibilities to set goals and delegate tasks. Easy accessibility and a flexible online format make this a great training tool for your employees.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Use this corporate training resource to help your team leaders understand the positive impact well-managed teams have on workplace productivity. These entertaining video lessons and quizzes can also introduce team leaders to the goal-setting, motivational, conflict management and communication skills they'll need to successfully lead their teams.
How It Works
Our modular course format breaks down the tasks associated with team leadership into short video lessons lasting less than ten minutes each, allowing you to provide employees with a comprehensive overview of team leader roles or direct their attention towards individual areas that need to be addressed.
Benefits of this course's training materials are listed below:
- Employees can complete the fun video lessons at their own pace, anywhere they have internet access
- Transcripts are also included to suit the learning styles of all employees
- Responses to the multiple-choice lesson quizzes link back to video content to improve comprehension
- Chapter exams and a practice final can help employees retain valuable information
How It Helps
- Clarifies responsibilities of team leaders: Lessons outlining the characteristics of self-managed teams can help ensure your organization's team leaders are all on the same page in regards to their roles and responsibilities.
- Builds group cohesion: Team leaders who learn to communicate realistic goals will be better equipped to motivate other employees, provide effective feedback and keep projects on track.
- Improves team efficiency: Team leaders with an ability to assign the right tasks to the right people and provide them with the resources they'll need can help a team meet its goals in the most efficient manner possible.
- Reduces wastefulness: Help team leaders avoid the pitfalls associated with vague or unreachable group goals, dysfunctional conflict among group members and poor communication.
Role of the Team Leader
- Benefits of work teams in contemporary business
- Responsibilities of team leaders
- Characteristics of self-managed team leadership
Defining Team Goals & Responsibilities
- Team goal setting
- Methods for selecting team members
- Team member delegation and collaboration
- Resource allocation
- Project communication
- Sources of team conflict
- Performance assessment
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Easy Steps to Building a Successful Employee Referral Program
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- How to Become an Employee Training Specialist
- UCLA Teams With Private Company to Offer Online Career Training
- 3 Types of Flexible Work Arrangements Your Employees Want
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Performing Well in a Team Job Interview Video
- 5 Great, Unique Holiday Gifts for Your Employees
- 3 Soft Skills That You Should Make Sure All New Employees Have
- 4 Signs Your Employees Are Bored By Your Training Program & How to Engage Them
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses