- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 26
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Selfish Giant Summary
Course SummaryCheck out this mobile-friendly literature course to review the short stories of author Oscar Wilde. Available whenever it's convenient, these fun lessons and mini quizzes can be used as test preparation resources, homework help tools and supplemental teaching materials.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
5 chapters in The Short Stories of Oscar Wilde: Study Guide & Homework Help
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
If you're looking for a simple and fun way to study Oscar Wilde's short stories, look no further than this useful online literature course. Through engaging lessons and interactive assessment quizzes, you'll examine the characters, settings, plots and themes of many short stories written by Oscar Wilde, including ''The Selfish Giant,'' ''The Nightingale and the Rose'' and ''The Happy Prince.''
You can study these lessons at any time using your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet. The course is taught by expert instructors who are available to answer any questions you may have. Finally, the included lesson quizzes, chapter exams and final assessment are designed tho help you solidify your understanding of these short stories.
Students, teachers, independent learners and parents can all benefit from this literature course.
- Students can use this course to study for exams, strengthen their literary analysis skills, write better essays and get ahead in class.
- Independent learners who'd like to know more about Oscar Wilde and his short stories can access this course on any computer or mobile-device.
- Parents who have children struggling in their literature classes can work through this course with their students.
- Teachers looking for engaging and easy-to-use teaching supplements can easily incorporate these Oscar Wilde lessons in their classrooms.
You'll study the following short stories by Oscar Wilde:
- ''The Selfish Giant''
- ''The Nightingale and the Rose''
- ''The Happy Prince''
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- TExES Test Preparation & Resources
- FTCE Test Preparation & Resources
- AEPA Test Preparation & Resources
- RICA Test Preparation & Resources
- CHSPE Test Preparation & Resources
- NES Test Preparation & Resources
- OAE Test Preparation & Resources
- CTEL Test Preparation & Resources
- DSST Test Preparation & Resources
- MTEL Test Preparation & Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses