- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 23
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Mars Lesson for Kids: Atmosphere & Climate
Course SummaryThis Solar System for Kids course contains engaging lessons that make learning about the planets, astronomy and the sun fun and enjoyable for your elementary school students. The course can help students finish homework assignments, study for exams, bring up their grades and catch up on topics they may have missed in class.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Parents and teachers can use this elementary-level science course to help their students learn about the solar system. The course is divided into several chapters that examine important astronomy concepts, including the different planets and much more. The lessons are taught by expert instructors who design each lesson to be informative, memorable, fun and appropriate for students at elementary grade levels. Your students can check their understanding of solar system topics by taking the included lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
How It Works
- Starting from the course Dashboard, your student has the option of taking the solar system course from start to finish or locating specific topics they want to study.
- Students can view lessons as many times as needed and print lesson transcripts to study offline.
- Interactive practice quizzes are available to help students reinforce what they've learned about the planets in our solar system.
- Students can see how much of the course they've completed on the course Dashboard.
- Subject experts are available to answer any questions you or your student may have about the material.
Using the Course
Students will love the engaging instructional style and vivid animations of these lessons. The supplemental resources can help your student improve their academic performance, and you can access the course material at any time. The course does not link to outside websites, so you can be sure your students are focused, on task and in a safe online environment.
Teachers and parents can use these lessons in a variety of ways. The lessons can be used to:
- Help students with class assignments and homework
- Prepare students for science exams
- Engage students with fun video lessons to watch in class
- Supplement print textbooks and traditional class materials
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Make-Up Schools in Nashville, TN with Class and Course Summaries
- Miami Make Up Schools with Class and Course Information
- Setting Students Up for Success with Study.com's Courses
- Make-Up Courses in CT with School Information
- Summer Classes Don't Have to Be Boring for You or Students - Use These Tips to Make Them Engaging
- Online Courses for Make-Up Professionals
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Medical Courses and Classes for Undergraduate Students
- List of Free Online Astronomy Courses, Classes and Learning Materials
- Why You Should Get Students Up and Walking Around
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses