- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 51
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Indochina from 1900 to 1945: Culture, Government & Unrest
Course SummaryMaster the politics, roots and major battles of the Vietnam War with this engaging review course. Whether you need help studying for an exam, planning a class project or writing a paper, our short video lessons can help you learn about the topics that you need to focus on.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help understanding material from the Vietnam War will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding the roots and major battles of the Vietnam War; war developments between the Eisenhower and Johnson administrations; post-war Vietnam or any other Vietnam War topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn about the Vietnam War.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra history resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use The Vietnam War final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study with Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- How did American involvement in Vietnam begin under Presidents Roosevelt and Truman?
- Why was the influence of the Domino Theory on President Eisenhower's Vietnam policy?
- What were some of major battles of the Vietnam War from 1963-1972?
- How did President Kennedy's death and other events of 1963 impact tensions in Vietnam?
- What was the congressional response to the Gulf of Tonkin crisis in 1964?
- Why were ground troops sent to Vietnam under President Johnson?
- How did American opposition to the Vietnam War accelerate from 1965-1968?
- What was the overarching principle behind President Nixon's Vietnamization plan?
- What were some of the human and political consequences of America's withdrawal from Vietnam?
- How did the Vietnam Syndrome affect American foreign policy after the war?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- The Bentham Project Needs Your Help
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Jobs that Help People in Need
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- Help! I Need to Find a Job in HR Fast
- Overview of the Skills Needed to Become a Library Helper
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Can Music Help Children with ADHD Focus While Studying?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses