- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 51
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1First Law of Thermodynamics: Law of Conservation of Energy
Course SummaryStudy.com's Thermodynamics Study Guide course is designed to help you quickly review and remember essential thermodynamics concepts. This mobile-friendly resource is available at any time and can help you study for exams, bring up your grades, finish homework assignments and more.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding thermodynamics material will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding the laws of thermodynamics, the different types of energy, kinetic molecular theory, phase diagrams, gas laws or any other thermodynamics topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn about thermodynamics.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra science learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Thermodynamics final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What are some applications of the laws of thermodynamics?
- How do you convert between Celsius and Kelvin temperature units?
- What is the difference between potential and kinetic energy?
- What is the equation for the work-energy theorem?
- How do you calculate energy transfer in a reaction?
- What is the relationship between enthalpy, free energy and entropy?
- What kind of information can be found on a phase diagram?
- How do I calculate the volume or pressure of a gas?
- What is the relationship between a gas's temperature, volume and pressure?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Using Timers to Help Kids with ADHD Finish Their Homework and Chores
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- How Study.com Helps You Improve Your Grades
- Autism Studies Abroad Help Back Home
- 20 Web Apps to Help You Learn More and Study Less
- Thermodynamics Degree Programs with Course Information
- Study.com's Group Plans
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- The Most Open Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Setting Students Up for Success with Study.com's Courses
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses