- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 21
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Time Management? - Definition, Examples & Studies
Course SummaryThe video lessons contained in this course are designed to help nurses learn valuable time management principles and strategies. Assign this course to your nurses to help them quickly improve their time management skills on the job.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course is divided into separate chapters, each of which will cover a different subject relevant to time management skills. Nurses can watch the video lessons in each chapter to learn about the principles of time management and how best to manage their time while on the job.
How It Works
Nurses can watch these lessons at any convenient time and in several formats, including computers, tablets or smartphones. Each lesson's instructor will go over all information clearly and comprehensively, so as to ensure that there is no confusion or lack of clarity.
This course contains:
- Video lessons that will go over important time management topics
- Quizzes that will assess the nurse's understanding of the information from each lesson
- Chapter exams that see how well the nurse recalls key information from each chapter
- A final exam that will ensure comprehension of the most significant points from the course
How It Helps
- Teaches principles: Nurses must be aware of the basic principles of time management if they wish to effectively function on the job.
- Emphasizes goals: By emphasizing performance goals, these lessons will help nurses set goals for themselves and improve their task management.
- Explains attention: Nurses can learn the most important definitions, examples and strategies related to attention that can be put to use in their own professional lives.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Basic Principles of Time Management||Learn about the principles, definitions and strategies of time management.|
|Goal Setting & Task Management for Nurses||Learn about performance goals and the best ways to manage goals and tasks while on the job.|
|The Role of Attention in Time Management||Go over different topics related to attention and how to improve attention when working on time management skills.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Time Management Courses and Training Programs
- How Can I Become a Nurse?
- What Does a Nurse Do?
- Online Nurse Practitioner Courses
- Overview of Arthroscopy Courses for Nurses
- Courses Needed to Be a Registered Nurse
- Refresher Courses for Nurses: Course Descriptions
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Case Management Nurse: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Pain Management Nurse Practitioner: Salary & Job Description
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses