- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 85
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Utilitarian Ethics: Epicurus, Bentham & Mill
Course SummaryThis engaging course can improve your ability pass the UExcel Bioethics: Philosophical Issues exam. Enhance your understanding of important topics covered on the exam, test your knowledge of these topics with short quizzes, and get closer to your goal of earning course credit.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
13 chapters in UExcel Bioethics - Philosophical Issues: Study Guide & Test Prep
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The fun lessons in this course are designed to boost your confidence and enhance your ability to succeed on the UExcel Bioethics: Philosophical Issues exam. You'll study all the topics you could see on the exam, including utilitarian ethics, medical paternalism, euthanasia and bioethical considerations for HIV and AIDS. Also, boost your knowledge of ecocentrism, animal welfare, waste legislation and environmental racism.
Multiple-choice quizzes and practice exams can test your bioethics knowledge. Our subject-matter experts can answer questions you have about specific lesson topics. All resources are available 24/7 via any computer or mobile device. Taking advantage of this course can help you achieve your goal of passing the exam and earning 3 college credits in just over one week.
Syllabus & Course Information
Get a well-rounded understanding of bioethics by taking this UExcel Bioethics: Philosophical Issues course. Entertaining lessons, short quizzes and other study resources can boost your knowledge of topics covered on the UExcel exam and ensure you're able to meet the following objectives.
- Analyze deontology, the natural law theory and other ethical theories in bioethics
- Breakdown truth telling, confidentiality and other aspects of relationships among patients and health care professionals
- Outline the bioethical implications of genetic interventions
- Summarize reproductive ethics for human cloning, in vitro fertilization and more
- Illustrate the ethics of euthanasia, life support and more
- Explain gender, class and race in healthcare, healthcare availability and payment systems
- Discuss informed consent and autonomy in biomedical research ethics
- Assess the history, treatment methodologies and ethical considerations of HIV and AIDS
- Survey and discuss biocentrism, deep ecology, moral status and more in environmental and ecosystems ethics
- Analyze the rights and welfare of animals as related to science and agriculture
- Evaluate the economics of pollution, politics of energy resources, waste legislation and more
- Explain population ethics as it relates to poverty, overpopulation, environmental racism and more
This course has no prerequisites. Jump right in and begin learning bioethics concepts today!
This UExcel Bioethics: Philosophical Issues course features 76 lessons divided into 12 chapters. Enjoy the flexibility of accessing any number of lessons in any order you choose. The Dashboard keeps track of what you've covered and what you still need to work on. Test your understanding of concepts covered in the lessons by taking multiple-choice quizzes and chapter exams. A final exam is available to gauge your comprehension of this entire course. Any questions you have about specific bioethics topics can be submitted to our experts via the Dashboard.
UExcel Bioethics: Philosophical Issues Exam Information
By taking and passing the UExcel Bioethics: Philosophical Issues exam, you can earn 3 semester hours of upper-level undergraduate credit without having to take a standard one-semester college course. The credits received can be used to fulfill an Excelsior College humanities requirement or applied as a free elective to another applicable degree program with the college. Exam takers not enrolled at Excelsior College may also be able to apply credits earned to their school's degree requirements.
- Number of Questions: 100 questions
- Question Type: Mostly multiple choice
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Number of Credits: 3 credits
- Exam Cost: $110
UExcel Bioethics: Philosophical Issues Exam Breakdown
|UExcel Exam Concept||Percent of the UExcel Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Ethical Theories in Bioethics||15%||15 questions||8 lessons|
|Basic Concepts in Bioethics: Relationships Among Patients and Health Care Professionals||15%||15 questions||5 lessons|
|Clinical Topics in Biomedical Ethics||25%||25 questions||21 lessons|
|Social Topics in Bioethics||20%||20 questions||15 lessons|
|Topics in Environmental Ethics||25%||25 questions||27 lessons|
Earn UExcel Credit
The UExcel Bioethics: Philosophical Issues exam is a quick and effective solution for individuals interested in who wish to earn college credit without attending a traditional class. The exam, developed and offered by Excelsior College, enables you to test out of the subject and earn 3 college semester credits that can be used to fulfill a degree requirement at Excelsior College or transferred to another school. If you don't currently have a solid understanding of bioethics, don't worry! Taking this course can quickly prepare you to succeed on the exam.
Study Schedule for the UExcel Bioethics: Philosophical Issues Exam
Based on the number of lessons in this course, it's good to set aside about 10 hours of study time. The study schedules below can help you determine the number of weeks you will need to prepare for the exam. Select the schedule that aligns with your personal schedule and gives you enough time to register for the exam with Excelsior College.
|Study Frequency||When You'll Be Ready for the Exam|
|3 hours a day; 3 days a week||Just over 1 week|
|2 hours a day; 3 days a week||1.5 weeks|
|1 hour a day; 3 days a week||Just over 3 weeks|
UExcel Exams are a registered trademark of Excelsior College, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- Bioethics Classes and Courses Overview
- Online Bioethics Course Information
- Earning Low Cost College Credit with the CLEP Exams
- Do I Have to Take College Entrance Exams to Earn Transfer Credit?
- Get My GED: How to Pass the GED Exam
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Bioethics Masters Degree Programs with Course Information
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- College Student Gets Paid $1000 for Using Free Course to Earn College Credit
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses