- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 116
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is a Function: Basics and Key Terms
Course SummaryThis UExcel Calculus Study Guide and Test Prep course is the perfect way to prepare for and pass the UExcel Calculus exam. Earn four transfer credits in just a few short weeks!
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This UExcel Calculus test prep course covers the same topics found in a one-semester college Calculus I course, including functions, limits, derivatives and integrals. Simply spend a few weeks reviewing the material. Engaging videos and experienced instructors help you learn the material faster and remember it longer. Test your knowledge with our lesson quizzes and chapter exams. Have questions? No problem - our subject experts are here to provide answers every step of the way.
UExcel credits are granted from a regionally accredited college and are transferrable to thousands of colleges and universities. Earn four calculus transfer credits in as little as two weeks!
Syllabus & Course Information
UExcel exams are designed to test your understanding of basic calculus concepts and are based on a series of course objectives. Our lessons directly align with these objectives, so once you have completed this test prep course, you will be able to:
- Graph basic and inverse functions
- Recognize continuities and discontinuities
- Understand and apply the Intermediate Value Theorem and the Pythagorean Theorem
- Calculate limits, draw their graphs and outline their properties
- Use the Mean Value Theorem and Rolle's Theorem
- Define derivatives and evaluate their graphical representations
- Determine the derivatives of trigonometric functions, polynomial equations and exponential equations
- Calculate higher order derivatives
- Use the rules of differentiation and limits to find derivatives
- Graph a derivative of any function and find the minimum and maximum values of the graph
- Complete calculations using L'Hopital's rule and Newton's Method
- Identify and solve applied optimization problems
- Solve differential equations, including related rates problems
- Calculate integrals by finding and using the limits of Riemann sums
- Understand the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus
- Solve integrals of exponential and trigonometric functions
- Calculate integrals using substitution and trigonometric substitution
- Identify and solve application problems using integrals
Before beginning this UExcel Calculus test prep course, you should have a thorough understanding of pre-calculus math, including algebra, trigonometry and functions.
This test prep course includes 13 chapters and 103 lessons. Each lesson is taught by an experienced calculus instructor and includes engaging videos and graphics to help you learn the material faster and retain it longer. At the end of each lesson, take the optional quiz to see just how much you have learned, and chapter tests help you track your progress. If you have questions, don't worry. Our subject experts are here to help!
UExcel Calculus Exam Information
The UExcel Calculus test is designed to demonstrate your mastery of the material typically covered in a one-semester Calculus I course. The credit from this course can be used to satisfy a general education math requirement or as a prerequisite for higher-level courses.
- Number of Questions: About 60 questions
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit : 2 hours
- Number of Credits : 4 credits
- Exam Cost : $95 (test fee only: additional site administration fees may apply)
UExcel Calculus Exam Breakdown
|UExcel Exam Concept||Percent of the UExcel Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Limits and Continuity||15%||9 questions||12 lessons|
|Derivatives||25%||15 questions||29 lessons|
|Applications of Derivatives||30%||18 questions||25 lessons|
|Integrals||30%||18 questions||27 lessons|
Earn UExcel Credits
Our UExcel test prep course can help you earn four transferable calculus credits in just a few short weeks, saving you significant time and money. Prepare at your own pace - when it's convenient for you.
Study Schedule for the UExcel Calculus Exam
In total, this prep course includes nearly 14 hours of instruction - plus quizzes, chapter tests and a final exam. You can complete the course at your own pace, but the following chart will hep you determine how much study time you will need before scheduling your exam.
|Study Frequency||When You'll Be Ready for the Exam|
|3 hours a day; 3 days a week||About 1-1/2 weeks|
|2 hours a day; 3 days a week||About 2-1/2 weeks|
|1 hours a day; 3 days a week||About 5 weeks|
UExcel is a registered trademark of Excelsior College, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Prepare for AP, CLEP, DSST & UExcel Tests
- Schools that Accept UExcel Transfer Credit
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- Do I Have to Take College Entrance Exams to Earn Transfer Credit?
- Calculus Courses and Classes Overview
- Calculus Worksheets
- Calculus Course Online: Overview of Free Online Calculus Courses
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- List of Free Online Calculus Courses and Lessons
- Calculus Online Course Requirements and Classes Available
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses