- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 140
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Economics? - Definition & Types
Course SummaryReinforce your understanding of economic theories, processes and concepts in the area of microeconomics using our extensive study guide. This course is a convenient way to study for the UExcel Introduction to Microeconomics exam in just a few weeks.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
12 chapters in UExcel Introduction to Microeconomics: Study Guide & Test Prep
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
With this comprehensive study guide, you can prepare for the UExcel Introduction to Microeconomics exam in as little as two weeks. Short and accessible lessons make it easy and convenient for you to study the topics you will need to know for this exam. This guide is one of the simplest ways you can earn three transferable college credits.
By using this course, you will have the opportunity to review various aspects of economics and microeconomics, such as consumer behavior, supply and demand, production, government regulations and economic markets. Lessons review definitions and provide detailed examples so you're sure to easily retain the information discussed.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course offers a convenient and flexible way to meet the objectives of the UExcel Introduction to Microeconomics exam. Brief lesson quizzes, chapter tests and a practice final exam are available to test your understanding of these objectives. After completing the course, you should be able to:
- Understand basic facts about economics, microeconomics and macroeconomics
- Relate details about supply and demand curves, pricing and factors affecting supply and demand
- Discuss consumer behavior in microeconomics
- Describe production processes and costs in microeconomics
- Identify various business organizational structures
- Detail cost accounting procedures and processes
- Define relevant terms and systems in economic market structures
- Provide information about economic resource markets
- List characteristics and describe the development of business technology
- State government regulations and legislations affecting trade and other business practices
This is an introductory course and there are no prerequisites.
This course consists of 10 individual chapters containing video and test lessons. Each lesson takes only 5-10 minutes to review and includes a short self-assessment quiz that helps you determine the level of your understanding and whether you would need to review any topics further. A final exam measures your overall understanding and your readiness to take the UExcel Introduction to Microeconomics exam. Use your Dashboard to contact instructors with any lesson-specific questions you might have.
UExcel Introduction to Microeconomics Exam Information
The UExcel Introduction to Microeconomics exam is designed to address all of the topics you would cover in an introductory microeconomics course. Students can use the credit earned by passing this exam toward satisfying degree requirements.
- Number of Questions: 120 questions
- Question Type: Mostly multiple choice
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Number of Credits: 3 credits
- Exam Cost: $110
UExcel Introduction to Microeconomics Exam Breakdown
|UExcel Exam Concept||Percent of the UExcel Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Introduction to Economics and the Economy||25%||30||27|
|Markets and Behavior||20%||24 questions||30|
|Market Structures||20%||24 questions||24|
|Resource Markets||20%||24 questions||6|
|Government Issues and Policies||15%||18 questions||12|
Earn UExcel Credit
You can earn three transferable college credits when taking the UExcel Introduction to Microeconomics exam. This can help you save money on tuition costs and even complete your degree in a shorter amount of time. This course allows you to prepare for the exam quickly and efficiently.
Study Schedule for the UExcel Introduction to Microeconomics Exam
This course consists of about 15 hours of instruction. Easy accessibility 24/7 allows you to set your own study schedule. Determine when you'll be ready for the exam by using the time table below.
|Study Frequency||When You'll Be Ready for the Exam|
|3 hours a day; 3 days a week||about 1.5 weeks|
|2 hours a day; 3 day a week||about 2.5 weeks|
|1 hour a day; 3 days a week||5 weeks|
UExcel is a registered trademark of Excelsior College, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Microeconomics Course and Class Overviews
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Flashcards - OAE - Integrated Social Studies: Economic Concepts & Terms
- Area Studies Course and Degree Program Information
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- Flashcards - CSET Business - Microeconomics
- Flashcards - Producers & Production in Microeconomics
- The Best Way to Study for Your Praxis Test
- Study and Groove: 10 Free Ways to Listen to Music While Studying
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses