- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 94
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Accounting? - Purpose, Importance & Relationship to Business
Course SummarySupport your learning of managerial accounting processes and principles or reinforce what you might already know using this comprehensive study guide. This course is designed to cover all of the material you would be tested on when taking the UExcel Managerial Accounting proficiency exam to earn transferable college credit.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
In less than two weeks, this extensive study guide can help you become fully prepared to take the UExcel Managerial Accounting exam. Video and text lessons are available at any time, on any device, and provide a quick 5-10 minute review each topic that you could encounter on the exam. This guide offers one of the quickest and easiest ways you can earn three transferable college credits.
In this course, you can review such topics as managerial accounting functions, internal controls, accounting reporting systems, financial statements and budgeting. You will also find lessons covering cost types, cost analysis and activity-based costing. After reviewing each lesson, take the self-assessment quizzes to confirm your understanding of these topics.
This course was last updated in 2019.
Syllabus & Course Information
In the following list, you will find all of the objectives covered in this extensive study guide. You can expect to find all of these topics addressed when taking the UExcel Managerial Accounting exam. Use this chapter's final exam as a means to determine if you are ready to take this UExcel exam.
- Define and compare managerial accounting functions, processes and responsibilities
- Distinguish between cash management, auditing and financial reporting methods
- Understand cost classifications and formulas, and calculate cost and profit analyses
- Evaluate cash flow, income statements, and inventory and costing systems
- Describe the activity-based costing process
- Identify and distinguish between the components of budgets and standard cost evaluations
- Examine accounting reporting tools and reporting responsibilities
- Learn how to analyze and make decisions regarding costs, investments, budgeting, spending and cash flow
- Explain how financial statements, income statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements are prepared and used
- Interpret and analyze various types of financial statements
This is an introductory course and there are no prerequisites.
The chapters contained in this course cover managerial accounting concepts through engaging video and text lessons. Every lesson contains a brief self-assessment quiz that allows you to measure how much you have learned and whether you need further review of any topic. Instructors are easily reached through an online contact form should you have any lesson-specific questions. The chapter's final exam can help you determine your readiness in taking the UExcel Managerial Accounting exam.
UExcel Managerial Accounting Exam Information
The UExcel Managerial Accounting exam is designed to address all of the topics you would cover in an introductory managerial accounting course. Students can use the credit earned by passing this exam toward satisfying requirements in a variety of programs, including those in business, accounting or finance.
- Number of Questions: 100 questions
- Question Type: Mostly multiple choice
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Number of Credits: 3 credits
- Exam Cost: $110
UExcel Managerial Accounting Exam Breakdown
|UExcel Exam Concept||Percent of the UExcel Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Overview of Managerial Accounting and Cost Concepts||15%||15 questions||24|
|Job-Order Costing and Process Costing||10%||10 questions||20|
|Cost Behavior Analysis and Cost-Volume-Profit Relationships||20%||20 questions||5|
|Activity-Based Costing||10%||10 questions||5|
|Profit Planning and Standard Costs||15%||15 questions||7|
|Segment Reporting, Decentralization, and Balanced Scorecard||5%||5 questions||5|
|Short-Term and Long-Term Decision Making||15%||15 questions||8|
|Financial Statement Analysis||10%||10 questions||19|
Earn UExcel Credit
You can earn three transferable college credits toward your degree program requirements when taking the UExcel Managerial Accounting exam. This can help you save money on tuition costs and even complete the program in a shorter amount of time. This course allows you to prepare for the exam quickly and efficiently.
Study Schedule for the UExcel Managerial Accounting Exam
This course consists of about nine hours of instruction. Study at your own pace and convenience with lessons that are accessible 24/7. Determine when you'll be ready for the exam by using the time table below.
|Study Frequency||When You'll Be Ready for the Exam|
|3 hours a day; 3 days a week||1 week|
|2 hours a day; 3 day a week||about 1.5 weeks|
|1 hour a day; 3 days a week||3 weeks|
UExcel is a registered trademark of Excelsior College, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Should I Take Managerial Accounting Right After Taking Financial Accounting?
- What Is Managerial Accounting in Online College and What Are the Prerequisites?
- Top Schools with Online Accounting Courses
- Schools that Accept UExcel Transfer Credit
- Special Degree Forum & DegreeInfo Offer
- Distance Learning Courses in Financial Management: Career Overview
- Mountain View Working Scholars Sample Degree Plan
- List of Free Financial Accounting Courses and Training Resources
- Universities with Generous Credit Transfer Policies
- Do I Have to Take College Entrance Exams to Earn Transfer Credit?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 84,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses