- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 130
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Corporate Finance? - Definition & Fundamentals
Course SummaryWork through this test prep course at your own pace to get ready for the UExcel Principles of Finance exam. This mobile-friendly course comes with practice quizzes to help you master all of the financial concepts you'll be tested on.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Students who are planning on taking the UExcel Principles of Finance exam can prepare in a few short weeks with this comprehensive test prep course. The course's fun video lessons and self-assessment quizzes cover all of the financial topics that appear on the exam, including corporate finance, capital investments, dividend policy, cash management, financial planning and more. After completing the course and taking the UExcel exam, you can earn up to 3 college credits.
Syllabus & Course Information
We've aligned the course with the all of the financial concepts that you'll be tested on by the UExcel Principles of Finance exam. You'll work through a series of engaging video lessons and check your understanding with interactive quizzes. Once you're done with the course, you'll be equipped to:
- Recognize and explain types and goals of financial management, business organizations, and agency relationships
- Examine types of financial documents, including balance sheets and financial statements, and determine changes in cash flow
- Diagram the financial planning process, growth rates, and planning models
- Calculate valuation of money, investments, and compounding interest
- Compute returns and distributions using various formulas
- Explain the financial life cycle in regards to selling procedures, underwriting, and dilution of stock ownership
- Describe cash and stock dividends and how stocks can be repurchased or split
- Decide how to manage cash disbursements by considering cash float, cash collection, and investment models
- Analyze the foreign currency exchange, purchasing power, forward rates, and international budgeting and finance
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course contains 20 chapters and a total of 113 lessons. With an average length of 8 minutes per lesson, the course's simplified instructional approach helps you quickly dissect important finance topics and understand useful formulas, terms and concepts. We've included self-assessment quizzes to help you retain the information you study and practice answering the types of questions you'll encounter on the UExcel exam. Lesson transcripts can be printed out, and your Dashboard helps you navigate to specific lessons. If you need any help with the material, simply submit your questions to our team of expert finance instructors. You can make sure you're ready for the UExcel Principles of Finance exam by taking the course's final multiple-choice assessment.
UExcel Principles of Finance Exam Information
The UExcel Principles of Finance exam is worth 3 college credits, which is equivalent to a typical undergraduate finance course. These credits are accepted at Excelsior College and may be transferred to other institutions that accept UExcel credit.
- Number of Questions: Approximately 60 questions
- Question Type: Mostly multiple choice
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Number of Credits: 3 credits
- Exam Cost: $110
UExcel Principles of Finance Exam Breakdown
|UExcel Exam Concept||Percent of the UExcel Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Fundamental Finance and Accounting Concepts||25%||15 questions||31 lessons|
|Economics||5%||3 questions||13 lessons|
|Risk and Risk Management||25%||15 questions||28 lessons|
|Quantitative Financial Analysis||35%||21 questions||34 lessons|
|Legal and Social Environment||10%||6 questions||7 lessons|
Earn UExcel Credit
If passed, the UExcel Principles of Finance exam can help you earn 3 college credits that can be transferred to your college or university. By using this course and passing the exam, you'll effectively be saving a significant amount of time and money on your degree. In other words, you can study in a few short weeks, pass an inexpensive exam and earn 3 credits instead of taking an expensive, semester-long finance course. Be sure to check with your institution to make sure that it accepts UExcel credit.
Study Schedule for the UExcel Principles of Finance Exam
The course contains approximately 15 hours of instruction. Take a look at the table below to see how long it may take you to finish the course based on the amount of hours and days you study per week.
|Study Frequency||When You'll Be Ready for the Exam|
|3 hours a day; 3 days a week||1 and 1/2 weeks|
|2 hours a day; 3 days a week||2 and 1/2 weeks|
|1 hour a day; 3 days a week||5 weeks|
UExcel is a registered trademark of Excelsior College, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Test Prep
- Software Testing Degree and Course Information
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- More Than Half of SAT Test-Takers Not Ready for College
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- How to Prepare for AP, CLEP, DSST & UExcel Tests
- Financial Classes and Courses Overview
- Financial Consultant Course Information
- Financial Management Course Overviews
- Online Test Prep Options for the GED Test
- Cabinet Installation and Refacing Schools How to Choose
- Fruit and Vegetable Carving School Course and Training Information
- Online Schools with Degrees for Activity Directors How to Choose
- Top Schools with Clinical Psychology Doctoral Programs List of Schools
- Masters Degree in International Development
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses