- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 60
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Strategic Management Process
Course SummaryWe can help you study for the UExcel Quantitative Analysis exam with this engaging test prep course. By reviewing these video and text lessons on inventory models, project planning and business decision analysis and getting a great score on the test, you can earn three business credits.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
This UExcel Quantitative Analysis test prep course covers many of the same topics typically taught in an upper-level undergraduate quantitative analysis course, including risk analysis, models and simulation, decision analysis, queuing theory and linear programming. Our engaging videos and experienced instructors help you learn the material faster and remember it longer. Test your knowledge with lesson quizzes and chapter exams as you study. Have questions? No problem - our subject experts are here to help.
UExcel credits are granted from a regionally accredited college and are transferrable to colleges and universities across the country. In just 2-3 weeks, you can earn three business transfer credits!
Syllabus & Course Information
This UExcel exam tests your mastery of upper-level quantitative analysis concepts and is based on a set of course objectives. Our lessons directly align with these objectives, so once you have completed the chapters in this course, you should be able to:
- Outline the decision-making process
- Recognize various models
- Define different methods of mathematical modeling, including decision variables and those with controllable and uncontrollable inputs
- Use Monte Carlo simulation
- Perform risk analysis
- Detail inventory and waiting line models
- Outline decision making with and without probabilities and using sample information
- Explain waiting line structures, including single and multiple channel structures using Poisson and exponential distributions
- Perform economic analysis of queuing
- Determine graphical and computer solutions of integer programming
- Identify applications of linear integer programming such as capital budgeting, fixed costs and distribution systems
- Explain project scheduling - including projects with uncertain activity times and critical path concepts with known activity times
- Understand linear programming, including maximization/minimization, extreme points and graphical solutions
- Interpret linear programming computer output
- Identify linear programming situations that require special handling, including those that are infeasible or unbounded
- Perform sensitivity analysis and understand both graphical and computer output
- Describe the marketing, financial and operations management applications of linear programming
- Identify and solve transportation, assignment and transshipment problems
Before beginning this UExcel Quantitative Analysis test prep course, you should have a thorough working knowledge of statistics.
This UExcel test prep course includes 79 lessons in 10 chapters. Lessons are taught by our experienced instructors and include engaging videos and graphics to help you learn the material faster and retain it longer. If you have questions, subject experts are always here to help. As you work, take the lesson quizzes and chapter tests to see how much you have learned!
Quantitative Analysis UExcel Exam Information
The UExcel Quantitative Analysis test is designed to demonstrate your mastery of the topics typically taught in an upper-level undergraduate quantitative analysis course. The credit from this course can be used to satisfy the course requirement for a BS in General Business or as an elective. Course equivalency and the number of credits granted should always be confirmed directly with the school you are attending.
- Number of Questions: About 90 questions
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit : 2 hours
- Number of Credits : 3 credits
- Exam Cost : $95 (test fee only: additional site administration fees may apply)
Quantitative Analysis UExcel Exam Breakdown
|UExcel Exam Concept||Percent of the UExcel Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Decision Making Overview and Risk Analysis||10%||9 questions||23 lessons|
|Decision Analysis||15%||14 questions||11 lessons|
|Queuing Theory||10%||9 questions||4 lessons|
|Integer Programming and Project Scheduling||10%||9 questions||19 lessons|
|Linear Programming||15%||14 questions||6 lessons|
|Sensitivity Analysis||15%||14 questions||3 lessons|
|Linear Programming Applications||15%||14 questions||3 lessons|
|Distribution and Network Models||10%||9 questions||10 lessons|
Earn UExcel Credits
With our UExcel test prep course you can prepare to earn three upper-level business credits in just a few short weeks, saving you time and money. Study when it's convenient for you and set your own pace.
Study Schedule for the UExcel Quantitative Analysis Exam
This test prep course includes nearly 11 hours of instruction - plus quizzes, chapter tests and a final exam. The following chart will help you determine how much study time you'll need before scheduling your exam, so you can prepare at your own pace.
|Study Frequency||When You'll Be Ready for the Exam|
|3 hours a day; 3 days a week||A little over 1 week|
|2 hours a day; 3 days a week||About 2 weeks|
|1 hours a day; 3 days a week||About 3-1/2 weeks|
UExcel is a registered trademark of Excelsior College, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Test Prep
- How to Prepare for AP, CLEP, DSST & UExcel Tests
- Business Videos
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- To MBA or Not to MBA: A Business Decision Video
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- Flashcards - ACT - About the Test: Help and Review
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses