- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 74
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What are the Roles of a Teacher?
Course SummaryThe UGC NET General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude is an exam designed to test the teaching and research skills of Indian nationals to determine eligibility for lectureship. Use these self-paced lessons, multiple-choice quizzes, and a practice test to verify that you understand the topics covered. You will find helpful discussions on topics like student learning styles, research methods for educators, and interpretation of data.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
11 chapters in UGC NET General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude: Exam Prep
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This interactive course can help you prepare for the UGC NET General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude exam by improving your understanding of topics like effective teaching methods, systems for evaluating students, communication, and higher education in India. Our engaging lessons and self-assessment quizzes provide helpful details to assist you with passing the exam. By taking this course, you can improve your confidence and understanding of the following:
- Learning styles and effective teaching methods
- Systems for evaluating students
- Research methods for educators
- Comprehension of reading passages
- Use of media and technology in the classroom
- Reasoning and interpretation of data
- Understanding people and the environment
- Education and governance in India
About the Test
The UGC NET General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude exam will assess your teaching and research abilities. Additionally, you will be tested on your cognitive skills, including comprehension, analysis, evaluation, and reasoning. The exam will also assess your ability to be resourceful and understand people. The paper includes sixty multiple-choice questions and you are required to answer fifty of those questions. Specifically, the test sections consist of teaching aptitude, research aptitude, reading comprehension, communication, reasoning, logical reasoning, data interpretation, information and communication technology, people and environment, and the higher education system. All exam questions are equally weighted. Testing is conducted every year in June and December.
UGC NET General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude Preparation and Registration
This course provides an opportunity for you to study for the UGC NET General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude exam at your own pace. You can study the lessons in any order based on what you need to review. These lessons are presented by our expert educators to ensure that you understand the topics covered in the exam. The concise quizzes will test your knowledge of key topics and can be printed as worksheets for offline studying. Each chapter is accompanied by a practice test for an additional opportunity to gauge your understanding of the information covered in the formal test.
Test registration can be handled online by visiting the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) National Eligibility Test (NET) website.
UGC NET General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude is a registered trademark of the University Grants Commission, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Adapt Your Teaching Style & Lesson Plans to Different Learning Styles
- Master's in Social Research Methods
- The Inclusive Design Research Centre Is Making Learning Better for Everyone
- Top Encyclopedia Sites for Student Research Papers
- How Enterprising Grad Students Kickstart Their Research
- Researchers Find Ways to Combat Student Stress
- Self-Paced Distance Learning: How Does IT Work?
- Distance Learning Courses in Clinical Research Administration
- Step-by-Step Guide to Writing a Great Research Paper
- Freelance Researcher Jobs
- Desktop Computer Maintenance Technician Job Duties and Info About a Career in Desktop Computer Repairing and Service
- Aeronautic Engineering Job Description and Information About Starting a Career As an Aeronautic Engineer
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Body Therapists Career Information and Requirements for Becoming a Body Therapist
- Forensic Engineer Job Information for Those Pursuing a Career in Forensic Engineering and Other Forensic Sciences
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses