- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 133
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Perception in Psychology? - Definition & Theory
Course SummaryUse the entertaining lessons in this short course to strengthen your knowledge of various psychology concepts as you study for Paper III of the UGC NET Psychology exam. Mini quizzes and practice exams can assess your comprehension and readiness to excel on the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Studying for Paper III of the UGC Net Psychology exam is easier than ever thanks to the fun lessons found in this online course. Developed by expert instructors, these lessons provide comprehensive overviews of concepts that include motivation, human development, psychopathology and cognitive thinking. Other study tools, including short quizzes, chapter exams and a final course exam, help you feel confident in your ability to excel on the exam. Once you've completed this course, you will have a quality understanding of topics that include:
- Perceptual and learning processes in psychology
- Semantic, episodic, reconstructive and other types of memory
- Cognitive thinking and language
- Stress, emotions and motivation
- Theories of intelligence, creativity and personality
- Physiological, social and organizational psychology
- Maturity and human development
- Counseling and psychological teaching
- Mental disorders, psychotherapy and other basics of psychopathology
About the Exam
The Psychology National Eligibility Test (NET) is one of several tests conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) to determine eligibility for Indian nationals interested in the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and lectureship. Paper III consists of two parts and is worth 200 total marks. Part A features 10 short essay questions worth 16 marks each, and Part B asks students to answer one question worth 40 marks. Test dates are typically offered in June and December each year with results declared in October and April.
UGC NET Psychology Paper III Preparation & Registration
This course is completely flexible, enabling you to select the lessons you want to study based on your current and desired knowledge of psychology. Revisit the lessons as often as needed to ensure you fully comprehend topics that include child creativity, flashbulb memory, correlational research and moral development. Check your understanding and readiness to answer questions on Paper III of the UGC NET Psychology exam by taking multiple-choice quizzes and practice exams. If you need help understanding any topics covered in this course, feel free to send your questions to our experts.
Find out how to apply for the exam by contacting the University Grants Commission. Also, look out for announcements made by the UGC in March and September for the June and December tests.
The UGC NET exam is a registered trademark of the University Grants Commission New Delhi, India, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Compass Exams
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- Measured Progress Exams
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- 4 Ways to Study Effectively for Your CLEP Exams
- What to Do When Your Study Group Isn't Helping You Succeed on Exams
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Get My GED: How to Pass the GED Exam
- Corrections Officer Exam Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses