Course SummaryUse this engaging test prep course to help you prepare for the UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT). Our short video lessons and self-assessment quizzes can help build your confidence ahead of the exam so you can do your best on test day.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
The chapters in this course cover all the topics you'd expect to be tested on when you take the UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT). Working as a comprehensive study guide, this course is accessible on any mobile device, tablet or computer at any time so you can study at your convenience. Use the entire course as a test preparation tool, or focus solely on the video lessons that correspond to the subjects that need to be strengthened. Once you have completed the chapters, you will understand how to:
- Evaluate texts critically
- Understand the process of logical thinking
- Use tools for risk assessment and problem solving
- Analyze statistical and graphical data
- Employ quantitative problem-solving skills
- Describe abstract reasoning skills and situational judgment skills
About the Exam
The UKCAT is a test used by medical and dental schools to assess several innate mental abilities deemed significant by these organizations. The test is multiple choice and is broken down into several individually timed sections including verbal reasoning (44 questions), quantitative reasoning (36 questions), decision making (29 questions), statistical judgment (69 questions) and abstract reasoning (55 questions). The full test takes 120 minutes to complete. The test is offered twice a year, once in the summer and once in the fall, and taking the test twice in the same year is considered unprofessional behavior.
UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT) Preparation & Registration
Once you have read through this course, you should understand the types of questions that you will be tested on when you take the UKCAT. On exam day, expect to see questions that will test your ability to apply logical thinking, quantitative problem-solving and abstract reasoning skills as well as statistical and graphical data analysis and critical evaluation. By taking our self-assessment quizzes, you can identify any areas that need more work. Watch the video lessons or make copies of the printable transcripts to work on these subjects at your convenience.
In order to take the UKCAT, you must register for the exam and select your preferred testing center from a list of worldwide locations. Fees may differ between the two sessions based on the test center location and the resources available at the time of the exam. Payment for the test is made online after registration. You must bring your photo identification with you to the test center, and it's recommended that you arrive 15 minutes early.
UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT) is a registered trademark of the UKCAT Consortium, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Should I Become a Clinical Psychologist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- How to Prepare for AP, CLEP, DSST & UExcel Tests
- How to Do Your Best on Every College Test
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Best Test Prep, People's Choice Awards
- People's Choice Nominees: Best Test Prep
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Should I Become a Firefighter? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Be a Chef? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses