- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 20
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Bias? - Definition & Types
Course SummaryThis professional development course is designed for organizations who want to teach their staff about microaggressions and unconscious biases that can manifest in the workplace. Share the course with your employees to help them recognize these concepts and learn methods for reducing them.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
In this course, your employees will work through a collection of engaging business lessons that examine some less-obvious factors that can impact the workplace, specifically microaggressions and unconscious biases. As your employees work through the course, they'll become familiar with these types of behaviors and ways in which they can be reduced at your organization.
How It Works
We've made this course easy for you and your staff to use. The course can be introduced during a corporate training session, or you can simply assign these lessons to specific work teams or employees. The course is available online at any time, and it can be accessed by any Internet-connected device.
Using the course is simple:
- Short and informative lessons quickly show your employees the basics of workplace microaggressions and unconscious biases
- Interactive quizzes help employees check their understanding of the topics they study
- Subject-matter experts are available to answer any questions your employees may have about these types of workplace behaviors
- A final course exam helps employees reinforce their knowledge of microaggression and unconscious bias reduction methods
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Your company's employees and managers will become aware of unconscious biases that are common in workplace settings.
- Provides specific examples: The course defines several types of unconscious biases/microaggressions and offers specific examples in which they are played out in the workplace.
- Reduces problematic workplace behaviors: Employees who complete the course can use strategies for reducing microaggressions and biases at work.
After finishing the course, your company's employees should understand the following:
- The effects of microaggressions and unconscious biases in workplace settings
- Types of unconscious biases and microaggressions that can occur in the workplace
- Methods for reducing workplace microaggressions and unconscious biases
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Professional Development Courses for Teachers
- Online Courses in Organizational Development
- How to Get Rid of Your Unconscious Bias As an HR Professional
- Why Take Online Professional Development Courses?
- Tips to Help Teachers Eliminate Their Unconscious Bias
- Organizational Development Masters Programs with Course Info
- Organizational Development Courses and Career Education Programs
- New Jersey Schools with Professional Development Courses in Education
- Professional Engineering Classes and Courses
- 8 Free Game Design and Development Courses and Resources Online
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses