- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 63
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is STEM Education? - Definition, Importance & Standards
Course SummaryTeachers who want to understand and apply STEM education in their classrooms can do so with this helpful online course. The course includes lessons, instructional strategies, teaching tools and supplemental teacher resources to help you enhance your STEM curriculum.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The resources in this course are designed to help educators understand the fundamentals of STEM education and apply STEM concepts in the classroom. The course's expert instructors provide helpful teaching strategies and STEM integration ideas, as well as insights into the role of technology in STEM education. By applying STEM knowledge and teaching strategies in the classroom, you can build important science, technology, engineering and mathematical skills in your students.
How It Works
This comprehensive course includes engaging video and text-based lessons as well as multiple-choice assessment quizzes and chapter exams, all on a convenient online platform. The course's flexible online format enables you to access the material at any time and on any Internet-connected device.
The course includes:
- Easy-to-use navigation features that help you locate specific STEM education concepts
- A team of expert instructors who are happy to answer your questions
- Printable lesson transcripts that you can use for offline notes
- Lesson quizzes and chapter exams to help you gauge your readiness to apply STEM instructional methods
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: You'll become more aware of the foundations and benefits of STEM education.
- Provides useful teacher resources: The course offers resources that help you integrate STEM education concepts in the classroom.
- Enhances STEM education instruction: This course shows you how to more effectively teach your students about science, technology, engineering and math concepts.
- Understanding the foundations of STEM education
- Integrating STEM concepts into your classroom
- Applying STEM technologies and teaching resources
- Teaching science, technology, engineering and math in STEM classrooms
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- What Is STEM Education?
- Online Courses for Becoming an Art Teacher
- Online Teacher: Educational Requirements for Teaching Online Courses
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Distance Education Courses That Can Help Teachers Relocate Easily
- Online Teachers Aide Courses and Classes
- How to Become a DoDEA Teacher Using Online Resources
- Online PE Teacher Classes and Courses Overview
- Online Courses for Preschool Teachers: Course and Class Descriptions
- Classroom Management Resources for Teachers | Study.com
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses