- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 30
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Consumer Behavior in Marketing? - Factors, Model & Definition
Course SummaryThis course helps employees quickly understand the influences of consumer behavior in marketing. You can incorporate these bite-sized lessons and quizzes into upcoming training sessions, or you can have your employees review the course materials on their own time.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
In this course, your staff will become well-versed in consumer behavior and its relation to marketing. As your employees work through the course's simple and engaging lessons, they'll understand the psychological components of consumer behavior, and they'll see why researching and assessing consumer behavior is a critical element of effective marketing. You can share the course with current marketing employees who want to better understand consumer behavior influences or non-marketing employees who want to develop a basic understanding of consumer behavior.
How It Works
Your employees can review these materials online using any computer or mobile device. This flexibility makes it easy to study consumer behavior at work, home or in any location.
Using the course is simple:
- Short lessons lay out the fundamentals of consumer behavior in marketing
- Multiple-choice quizzes help employees reinforce their knowledge of consumer behaviors and marketing research concepts
- Printable transcripts are available for offline reference
- A course dashboard makes it easy to quickly navigate to specific chapter topics
- A final course exam verifies that your employees understand consumer behavior influences
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Your organization will become aware of the marketing benefits that arise from understanding consumer behavior
- Outlines consumer behavior research methods: Lessons explain a variety of marketing research and assessment methods surrounding consumer behavior
- Improves marketing efforts: Employees will be able to use their understanding of consumer behavior to adapt and optimize marketing strategies
After finishing the course, your staff should be able to:
- Assess marketing strategies related to consumer behavior
- Describe consumer behavior marketing research methods
- Conduct consumer behavior assessment
- Describe the major psychological aspects of consumer behavior
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Become an Employee Training Specialist
- Overview of Behavioral Science Courses and Training Programs
- Behavioral Health Education, Training and Course Information
- Online Time Management Courses and Training Programs
- Distance Learning Courses and Training in Marketing Communications
- Free Online Cinematography Classes, Lessons & Course Materials
- List of Free Home Health Aide Training Materials and Courses
- List of Free Online Airline Training Courses & Learning Materials
- List of Free Online Electrical Training Courses and Learning Materials
- How to Motivate Your Employees After Performance Reviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses