- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 76
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Seizure: Types, Symptoms & Causes
Course SummaryWe've provided lessons and chapters in this interesting course that thoroughly outline topics related to understanding and treating seizures for health professionals. With our mobile-friendly resources, you can study for a test, refresh your knowledge or create your own curriculum.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
For your convenient study, we've put together an expertly written course on treating and understanding seizures specifically for health professionals. Topics presented here in a clear, user-friendly way include epilepsy, nonepileptic seizures and provoked seizures, plus many more. As you work through this course, you'll find a short quiz after each lesson and a test at the end of each chapter to help keep you on target. These self-assessment tools also make great resources ahead of an exam or to ensure you're ready to move on to additional topics.
A variety of purposes for students, professionals and teachers are met with this course.
- Students can use these learning tools 24 hours a day as they catch up in class, complete their homework or study for a test.
- This course provides an accessible, mobile-friendly resource for casual learners to review any topics of interest at their own pace.
- Teachers will find these lessons and quizzes a great way to refresh curricula or create engaging lectures as well as homework assignments and tests.
- For professionals, this course helps individuals refresh any topics that aren't regularly used or that they need to study further before professional certification.
After completing this course, you should understand:
- The basics of seizures
- Epileptic seizures and epilepsy
- Non-epileptic seizures and generalized seizures
- Partial seizures and provoked seizures
- Status epilepticus and seizure clusters
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- 5 Ways to Make Studying for Tests More Interesting
- Herbal Studies Degree Programs with Course Curriculum
- RN Refresher Course Information
- How To Tell If Your University Is 'Study Abroad Friendly'
- Home Economics Curriculum with Course Descriptions
- EMT Refresher Course Descriptions
- Nursing Refresher Courses and Classes Overview
- Online RN Refresher Course Information
- EMT - Basic Refresher Course Requirements
- EMS Refresher Course and Class Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses