Course SummaryWe've provided lessons and chapters in this interesting course that thoroughly outline topics related to understanding and treating seizures for health professionals. With our mobile-friendly resources, you can study for a test, refresh your knowledge or create your own curriculum.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
For your convenient study, we've put together an expertly written course on treating and understanding seizures specifically for health professionals. Topics presented here in a clear, user-friendly way include epilepsy, nonepileptic seizures and provoked seizures, plus many more. As you work through this course, you'll find a short quiz after each lesson and a test at the end of each chapter to help keep you on target. These self-assessment tools also make great resources ahead of an exam or to ensure you're ready to move on to additional topics.
A variety of purposes for students, professionals and teachers are met with this course.
- Students can use these learning tools 24 hours a day as they catch up in class, complete their homework or study for a test.
- This course provides an accessible, mobile-friendly resource for casual learners to review any topics of interest at their own pace.
- Teachers will find these lessons and quizzes a great way to refresh curricula or create engaging lectures as well as homework assignments and tests.
- For professionals, this course helps individuals refresh any topics that aren't regularly used or that they need to study further before professional certification.
After completing this course, you should understand:
- The basics of seizures
- Epileptic seizures and epilepsy
- Non-epileptic seizures and generalized seizures
- Partial seizures and provoked seizures
- Status epilepticus and seizure clusters
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Herbal Studies Degree Programs with Course Curriculum
- How To Tell If Your University Is 'Study Abroad Friendly'
- RN Refresher Course Information
- Nursing Refresher Courses and Classes Overview
- EMT Refresher Course Descriptions
- Paramedic Refresher Course Descriptions
- Online RN Refresher Course Information
- EMS Refresher Course and Class Information
- EMT - Basic Refresher Course Requirements
- Refresher Courses for First Responders
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses