- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 54
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Perform Addition: Steps & Examples
Course SummaryIn this course, your employees will review essential math and physics concepts that appear on the Union Apprenticeship exam. The course contains short lessons that are aligned with the exam's content, and you can also use the course for training and professional development purposes.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
If your employees need to get ready for the Union Apprenticeship exam, have them study with this convenient online course. Containing simple and easy-to-understand math lessons, this course goes over the topics that your employees will need to know for the test, such as simple machines, mechanics, geometry fundamentals and basic math operations. The course includes short quizzes to help employees reinforce their understanding of the material.
How It Works
The online format of this course allows your employees to study for the Union Apprenticeship exam whenever they have free time at home or work. The course is also accessible on any device computer, laptop or mobile device.
Using the course is simple:
- Engaging and simple lessons break down key math definitions, formulas, equations and problem-solving steps
- Lesson-specific quizzes help employees practice solving a variety of math problems
- An Ask the Expert feature lets employees submit questions as they arise
- Chapter exams and a comprehensive course assessment help employees get comfortable answering the types of questions they'll encounter on the exam
How It Helps
- Offers practice problems: The course offers plenty of quizzes and chapter exams to help employees get practice solving the types of math problems they'll find on the Union Apprenticeship exam.
- Helps with test preparation: This self-paced study resource enables employees to get ready for the Union Apprenticeship exam at any time that fits their schedules.
- Improves math skills: Employees who complete the course should be able to apply their math skills to the Union Apprenticeship exam, as well as to everyday work situations.
After finishing the course, your company's employees should understand:
- Whole number, decimal, fraction and mixed number operations
- Operations with proportions, ratios and percents
- Basic geometry
- The basics of simple machines and mechanics
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Professional Development Courses for Teachers
- Why Take Online Professional Development Courses?
- Web Content Manager: Education, Courses & Training
- Certified Administrative Professional Courses and Training Programs
- Kettlebell Classes, Courses and Professional Training Information
- Online Graduate Physics Courses and Classes Review
- Personal Development Courses, Classes and Training Programs
- Professional Engineering Classes and Courses
- EMT Training Courses by Level
- Paramedic Training Courses by Level
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses