- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 140
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Become a US Citizen
Course SummaryThis U.S. Citizenship Study Guide course is the simplest way to master subject matter related to U.S. citizenship. This course teaches all the essential U.S. citizenship topics in a simple and fun video format. Use the video lessons and interactive quizzes to prepare for classes, assignments or the citizenship exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding material for U.S. citizenship will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding the naturalization process, citizenship test types, U.S. government structure, American history and geography, American symbols, English grammar, or any other U.S. citizenship topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn about U.S. citizenship.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra U.S. citizenship learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the U.S. Citizenship Study Guide final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What are the different paths to U.S. citizenship?
- What are tips for filling out the Form N-400?
- How does the naturalization process work for children?
- What happens during the U.S. Naturalization Ceremony?
- How do I handle a U.S. citizenship application rejection?
- How long do I have to be a permanent resident before I can become a U.S. citizen?
- What is the U.S. Oath of Allegiance?
- What types of questions are asked during the naturalization eligibility interview?
- How long is the civics test?
- What are some of the major provisions of the U.S. Constitution?
- What is the Declaration of Independence?
- What are the three branches of U.S. government?
- How does a bill become a law?
- What is Federalism?
- What are U.S. civil liberties?
- Who were the early American colonists?
- Who was George Washington?
- What events led up to the Civil War?
- How did the U.S. become involved in World War II?
- Who was Martin Luther King, Jr.?
- What do the stars and stripes mean on the U.S. Flag?
- What are some tips for reading in English?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- What to Teach Your Students About Digital Citizenship
- Video Editing Schools in the U.S.
- Video Director Schools and Colleges in the U.S.
- Video Production Colleges and Schools in the U.S.
- Video Production Courses and Classes Overview
- Digital Video Courses and Classes Overview
- Music Video Director Courses and Classes
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses