- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 170
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1American Government Lesson Plan
Course SummaryThis course is perfect for educators who need to plan lessons about U.S. government and politics. Our mobile-friendly lessons can help you quickly plan a U.S. government curriculum and engage your students with supplemental learning materials.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Check out this course to plan a U.S. government and politics curriculum. With informative video lessons, interactive quizzes and supplemental resources, this course makes the process of planning U.S. government lessons quick and easy. Our lesson plans ensure your lessons cover essential political science information, as well as topics related to the branches of U.S. government, the U.S. Constitution, American civics and more.
How It Works
Accessible on any Internet-connected device, this course enables teachers a way to quickly plan and implement engaging American government lessons. Interactive quizzes are also included to help you test your students' understanding of political science terms and concepts.
The course includes:
- Comprehensive lesson plans that define and explain the core components of the U.S. government and politics
- Assessments that you can use to evaluate your readiness to teach the material or assign your students to see how well they understand the lesson topics
- Interactive navigation tools to help you quickly access the U.S. government information/resources you need
- Printable lesson transcripts
- 24/7 access to the material to help you plan U.S. government lessons at your convenience
How It Helps
- Meets curriculum standards: Lesson plans ensure that your history lessons meet educational standards for U.S. politics and government.
- Helps plan lessons: The included lesson plans help teachers quickly design a comprehensive U.S. government and politics curricula.
- Engages students: Lesson plans come with accompanying lessons that can be used as supplemental teaching resources.
In this chapter, you'll find lesson plans for the following:
- The American government and its branches
- American civics
- Politics and the media
- U.S. political science
- The U.S. Constitution
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- 7 Lesson Plans That Are Perfect for Active Learning
- Digital Citizenship | Curriculum, Lessons and Lesson Plans
- Use Pop Culture in Your Lessons to Engage Students
- Free Lesson Plans
- Math Lesson Plans
- Lesson Plans for Teachers
- ELA Lesson Plans
- Science Lesson Plans
- Art Lesson Plans
- Lesson Plan Templates
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses