- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 63
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is a User Experience Designer?
Course SummaryHave your company's employees watch this course's video lessons to review topics related to user experience design. The training course outlines the foundations and applications of user experience design, and it can help your employees develop/strengthen their basic user experience design skills.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
When going through these lessons, employees will watch video lessons that will each teach them about specific topics on user experience design that they should know for the workplace. Employees will come away from the course with a thorough understanding of user experience design and how to implement its different examples in corporate settings.
How It Works
Our interactive online format provides employees with the ability to watch these videos at their own leisure on computers, tablets or smartphones. Given the concise length of each individual lesson, employees should have no problem getting through the entire course at their convenience.
Using the course is easy:
- Video lessons provide overviews of different types of user experience design
- Practice quizzes that allow employees to assess their understanding of these topics
- Chapter exams test employees on the key points from each chapter
- A final exam ensures employees come away with the most crucial information on this subject
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: In order to properly implement user experience design, employees must have a complete understanding of what it is and what examples of it they are likely to encounter in the workplace.
- Provides examples: Employees will have a much easier time grasping the various topics related to user experience design if they have clear and easy-to-understand examples of how it works in real-life settings.
- Emphasizes experience: Working with user experience design is much easier if employees are taught in a way that emphasizes practice experience in settings they are likely to encounter in the workplace.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|User Experience Design Basics||Learn about the definition of user experience design, its specific purpose, principles of design and why you need to have a solid understanding of it.|
|Interaction & Interactive Design||Get information about the different types of user experience design you are likely to encounter, including interactive web design.|
|User Interface Design||Find out about the importance of user interface design, including how to enter the profession; see how user interface design is important to video games.|
|User Experience Design Documentation||Gain an understanding of technical specification documents, including how to create and use them.|
|Usability Testing for Design||Learn about various types of testing, such as acceptance testing, end user testing and user experience testing.|
|Information Design & Data Visualization||Develop knowledge of information design, information architecture and types of data visualization.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- User Experience Design Degree Programs
- User Experience Design Master's Degree Programs
- User Experience Design Degree Online Programs
- Commercial Design Course and Training Information
- Employee Experience Manager: Job Description & Salary
- Jobs in Video Games with No Experience
- Online 3D Design Courses and Training Programs
- Online Architectural Design Courses and Training Info
- AutoCAD Design Course and Training Program Information
- Circuit Board Design Courses and Training Programs
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses