- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 30
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Data Collection Methods for Human Growth and Development Research
Course SummaryTeachers and school administrators seeking to improve their schools can review this course focusing on the collection and analysis of relevant data. Video and text lessons offer detailed reviews of methods and strategies for organizing and assessing student-related information.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course offers detailed overviews of student assessment and student learning data collection, school vision and mission statement development, school improvement plans and problem-solving strategies relevant to school reform. You will find information about capturing and organizing this data, summarizing analytical results, leadership and management practices in organizational improvement, and the roles of teachers and administrators in school improvement.
How It Works
Short video or text lessons provide useful information presented by professional educators and other professionals in the field. Lessons can be accessed from any device, at any time, so review is made easy and convenient for any schedule. You can even take short quizzes at the end of each lesson to determine how much you have retained and whether you are ready to move on through the course.
This course includes:
- Brief lessons that take only 5-10 minutes to review and provide detailed information on assessment, data collection, and organizational and analytical methods important for school improvement purposes
- Video and text formats accessible 24/7
- Printable text lessons and video transcripts to create quick reference materials
- Lesson quizzes to help determine if you are ready to study a new topic or need further review
- Chapter exams to ensure full understanding before you progress through the course
- A final exam that measures your ability to apply these concepts and methods in an actual academic setting
How It Helps
- Outlines effective methods: Helps you understand how to gather and evaluate student data to help improve lesson plans, learning systems and other elements affecting student learning.
- Emphasizes student success: Describes ways in which teachers and administrators can develop more effective teaching strategies and build strong learning environments.
- Details important managerial and leadership abilities: Discusses skills important to facilitate change in an educational setting.
- Using data collection tools in the classroom
- Assess and summarize data results to use for school improvement purposes
- Developing a strong school vision and mission statement
- Creating and implementing a school improvement plan
- Understanding and applying problem-solving strategies and methods
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Colorado School of Mines in Golden Video Review
- Online Database Administrator Course Reviews
- Seattle University: School Review
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Becoming a Teacher in Tennessee: School Information
- Schools with Registered Health Information Administrator Programs
- High School Calculus Teacher Incorporates Free Online Videos Into Flipped Classroom Method
- Professional Career Institute: School Review
- Chula Vista Adult School Review
- Fashion Institute of Technology: School Review
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses