- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 73
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Developing Effective Course Standards
Course SummaryOur informative course on the dimensions of learning framework can help you plan your curriculum and create a successful learning environment. These teaching resources can be accessed on any computer or mobile device for easy reference.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Learn more about steps you can take to foster a communicative, meaningful and successful classroom experience using the dimensions of learning framework. These teacher resources thoroughly outline strategies for promoting student engagement, assessing student learning and creating classroom routines so that your classroom can run smoothly and your students can succeed.
How It Works
Access our video and text lessons 24 hours a day on your mobile device or computer to review key dimensions of learning topics and take short quizzes.
Our course is made up of:
- Video lessons that are short, easy-to-follow and have printable transcripts you can use offline
- Text lessons that highlight important keywords related to the dimensions of learning framework
- Lesson quizzes test your understanding before you move on to the next topic
- Chapter exams on the different strategies used in the dimensions of learning framework
- A final exam to ensure you've understood how to utilize these steps
How It Helps
- Promotes classroom communication: Lessons are devoted to helping you foster communication with students, parents and the community.
- Simplifies prep time: With information easily accessible and all in one place, you can easily review key concepts and plan instruction.
- Improves assessment: Our resources help you successfully assess your students so you can see what's working, what isn't and re-adjust plans as necessary.
- Aligning educational standards and learning targets
- Supporting student work
- Using successful student engagement strategies in the classroom
- Planning meaningful class instruction and promoting classroom communication
- Differentiating instruction
- Assessing student learning
- Designing a comfortable classroom environment
- Developing successful classroom routines and culture
- Encouraging collaboration in your classroom
- Planning informative and engaging curriculum
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Mobile Apps and Devices Impact Teaching and Learning: EduMOOC 2011
- Distance Learning Course in Computer Network Administration
- Strategies for Creating Personalized Learning Plans for Students
- Distance Learning Programs in Human Resources with Course Info
- Classrooms Are So 20th Century: Mobile Learning Is Here
- Gear You Need for Successful Online Learning
- How to Adapt Your Teaching Style & Lesson Plans to Different Learning Styles
- What Is Inquiry-Based Learning? | Definition & Resources for Teachers
- Distance Learning Environmental Science Degrees with Course Info
- How to Create and Maintain a Learning Culture at Your Company
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses